Oh dear. The Nissan Z might be getting slower.

Draco-REX

He's been there with the Talon, then traded it for the FD.

It will be a while before I go fast again. Since the turbo is blown on the FD, I don't have the money right now to replace it. I'm jobless at the moment. Once I get a new turbo, it will be ready to go back together.

It will be a while before I go fast again. Since the turbo is blown on the FD, I don't have the money right now to replace it. I'm jobless at the moment. Once I get a new turbo, it will be ready to go back together.

I understand, a T04R can't be cheap to replace and I'm surprised it's folded like that.

Linn, I may be wrong but with maybe the exception of the very first Z they've always been 6cyl's. I know times change but the VQ is a hell of a nice engine, enjoyed the hell out of the 370Z I test drove last summer.

I would rather have a V6 then a turbo, just simpler. At the Mid Ohio I have had so many turbo pipe and heat problems with the MR2.

-Pipes blowing apart

-Couplers failing

-Hot pipe temps over 250 degrees

Not to mention the non linear power delivery both applying and letting off the gas. Makes for a challenging drive.

Did everyone over look the fact that it would be a turbo car? I would rather have a 4 cylinder turbo car over a NA v6 any day.

And lighter, with the turbo it will have much more low end TQ, more TQ under the curve and probably more peak TQ. They will probably target it to be at least as fast in a straight line (at WOT). All of this will mean it will be much more derivable at ever point below WOT.

So I don't see any drawbacks; (if) it's lighter, more derivable on a day-to-day basis, nearly or just as fast at WOT, more modable, AND get's better emmmpggs. It hopefully won't sound like shit too, like the VQ does.

Not to mention the non linear power delivery both applying and letting off the gas. Makes for a challenging drive.

Modern OEM turbo cars with direct injection are much different. They have a very flat torque curve and linear power delivery with virtually no lag.

Modern OEM turbo cars with direct injection are much different. They have a very flat torque curve and linear power delivery with virtually no lag.

Came here to say this.

The turbo cars or today don't feel anything like the turbo cars of the 80's.

In stock config, most turbo cars make the same flat torque curve from about 1500 - 5000+.

more derivable on a day-to-day basis

:lolguy:

Came here to say this.

The turbo cars or today don't feel anything like the turbo cars of the 80's.

In stock config, most turbo cars make the same flat torque curve from about 1500 - 5000+.

This is very true. Forced induction technology has improved so much even in just the past ten years. Though, I still miss the feeling of a large turbo spooling up.