To my knowledge: The fastest V8 powered stock suspension fc rx-7 in the world.

Xbomb

Your car isn't that fast kiddo. Even if Phil could barely drive that car. It still goes 9.50's with a good driver. With Phil driving, maybe mid 10's lol.

dang... you're right... I keep forgetting I drive a mid 11 sec car, but it feels so fast to me!! :lol:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little info. The car that holds the title for fastest v8 ss fc record went 9.30. He changed the rear end set up to a 8.8 4 link with a 3.73 gear. Nothing else changed and off the trailer it went 8.70!

For those that dont know, the only gear for TII rears are 4.10 in the fc model. With a 27-28 inch tall tire it just runs out of power at the 1000ft.

So with a rear gear change this car would go faster.

EDIT: I just looked and the car is running 8.04 now! looks like he went back to 4.11's but put a 29.5 on it.

#2 on the list.

My car is #12 but its an old time and never ask to update it because some other racers found it and you know me...Mr. no time..lol

http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=2448.0

Edited by Xbomb

I have looked at this thread like 5 times... Love the car.
lol, Thanks man. I love it too and i always said i would never get rid of it. Its a very fun car to race. I dont think its gonna sell anyways. I just thought i would put it out there and see what happens.

I should just go ahead and send it to pat martian shop and let him get started on the new 9 inch irs i got picked out with those 3.73's.

http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/productsRE.aspx?id=3498

Edited by Xbomb

lol, Thanks man. I love it too and i always said i would never get rid of it. Its a very fun car to race. I dont think its gonna sell anyways. I just thought i would put it out there and see what happens.

I should just go ahead and send it to pat martian shop and let him get started on the new 9 inch irs i got picked out with those 3.73's.

http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/productsRE.aspx?id=3498

If I had any say in the matter I'd say keep it, and build something slower that you can actually get more runs in with. Then when you need a dick kicker bring this out. I know you've expressed your frustrations with no one wanting to race it. Build something mid 11s or high 10s and get good runs all weekend. Ask Adam w/ the blue c6, he's get to

Run every weekend.

Wayne what are they quoting you on the differential setup? I may be interested as well for my 7.
Oh man, do you even wanna go there. Im just staying IRS because i wanna be different and my car works well with it.

Total parts and labor to install will be around 3500.00 not including the 1300.00 axles thats already in it.

A straight axle can be done much cheaper.

Hey Wayne, who did all the rear end stuff. I'm about to start mine next week ands need a solid 8.8 rear end installed. Anyone around here that would do that?
pat martian. 614-519-9935

I dont know how busy he is. I also heard he was just having some health issues but should be back at it. Give him a call though. Top notch stuff.

What happened Thursday night on the 2nd run that you didn't come back out? Your car was running super well and coming out strong.
Starter got warm and didnt want to crank fast enough.