Man Steals cruiser

Rocky31186

Did anyone else see this happen? Its about 2 blocks from my house.

The video looks so fake, guy is just jogging and jumps in the police car. He didnt make it very far at all..

I understand there was a break in / someone was killed this morning. But the guy was running from police, and stole their police car.. Is that cause for firing 6 shots while innocent bystanders are driving by?

Discuss?

http://www.10tv.com/content/sections/video/index.html?video=%2Fsites%2F10tv%2Fvideos%2F2012%2F07%2F17%2Fman-steals-cruiser.xml&cmpid=share

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A man was in police custody after shots were fired just blocks from where a person was shot and killed Tuesday morning.

10TV News crews on the scene witnessed shots fired and a man taking off in a police cruiser at about 2 p.m. near Tussing and Hines roads.

According to police, someone called law enforcement with information about a person matching the description of a person involved in Tuesday morning's police-involved shooting, which occurred near Brice and Tussing roads at the Brentwood Lakes Apartment complex on Brooke Boulevard.

The person who was shot and killed at the Brentwood Lakes apartments, whose identity was not immediately released, was a resident of the apartments. It was not yet known if the person was shot and killed by police or one of the suspects. Police originally responded to a call about a break-in.

A patrolling officer responded to the call Tuesday afternoon and saw two men, and one of the men ran away. The officer chased after the man, who then stole the officer's cruiser.

The officer fired shots at the man.

The man crashed the cruiser and took off again on foot. He was arrested along Bentley Station Place.

It was unknown if the man, who was not immediately identified, was struck but was taken away on a stretcher to Grant Medical Center, according to Chopper 10 video.

Resident John Doseck said that he was outside smoking a cigarette when the incident occurred.

“I heard some gunshots,” Doseck said. “Then, I was watching and saw this guy come out on the balcony, jump over the big bush, fell and broke his legs and cops swarmed him.”

Police said that they were searching for another person in connection with the two shooting incidents.

The afternoon shooting caused the closed of Tussing Road, between American Parkway and state Route 256.

no no no, its a standard case of wrong place wrong time.

FYI you live in the ghetto...sorry to break it to you like this. That part of Reynoldsburg has been in the shit for well over 10 years now.

Any info on why she was shooting? It could have ended very badly, as that corolla got VERY close to that stolen car, which had to be the target of the shots, no?

i was wondering the same thing but i watched it again and focused on the rear window, right before it switches to another picture, it looks like the back window was "exploding" or taking hits... could be wrong but looked like it