Any ideas on my new red ant problem at my house?

integranator

Long story short: Came home from vacation to a trail of red ants walking from my yard across my driveway to my other side of the yard with food/larvae. I have a dog an enjoy on a daily basis, and I've heard the risk of entering my house is high. Has anyone dealt with these guys? I've heard they're relatively tricky to get rid of. Thanks in advance!!

Long story short: Came home from vacation to a trail of red ants walking from my yard across my driveway to my other side of the yard with food/larvae. I have a dog an enjoy on a daily basis, and I've heard the risk of entering my house is high. Has anyone dealt with these guys? I've heard they're relatively tricky to get rid of. Thanks in advance!!

get them now OP. Once in your house they'll crawl down your urethra while you're asleep and the next thing you know you're cuming ants. I've seen it a dozen times.

I seriously remember when i was little and lived in FL, my dad and neighbors would pour gasoline and light that shit on fire.

Idk if i just had a cool as fuck dad or if that was a legit way to get rid of them/keep them away.

I seriously remember when i was little and lived in FL, my dad and neighbors would pour gasoline and light that shit on fire.

Idk if i just had a cool as fuck dad or if that was a legit way to get rid of them/keep them away.

dick ants will make a man do crazy things

Terro Powder. Goes on like Talcum powder and won't wash away easily if at all unless you do it. Great stuff. I posted about it a few weeks ago. They will track it into their nest easily and bye bye ants.

I used it and within 1 week we had zero. None...gone! Front and back. Ours were field ants and they are extremely tough as their nest is usually well below ground.

You want the ants out of your house? Fine. Wiping them out of your yard/area entirely is ignorant. You create an imbalance and possibly a larger problem in the longrun. Not to mention a few of the poisons mentioned are going to affect more than just the ants. If nothing else, you continously blow money and add dangerous chemicals to yard/home for a "problem" that doesn't really exist.

I can go outside my home right now and find at least 4 species of ants living around it. I keep them out of things they shouldn't be in and that's it. I rarely have a problem with them in house and the trouble I go through to get rid of them I can guarantee is much less trouble than trying to poison every mound I find.

Just food for thought. You don't always have to use a sledgehammer for a tiny nail.

I spray the perimeter of my house about every 2 months with Ortho Home Defense and that keeps pretty much everything out.

This x2, Have been using since i was in an apartment 5 years ago with shitty window and door seals. Since I have moved into my house I use it twice a year (although) I am sure every 2 months couldn't hurt either. I rarely see bugs of any type in my house, I think we went a full year of living here before I saw a spider. It's great peace of mind.

Edit: also make sure to spray in and out of every door and window seal in addition to perimeter of house.