Customers Cars...

KD93R1

Havent posted a FD build thread for a year or two. Seemed like most were not interested...understood. However there have been a handful came and gone since last thread. This one is the current one which is just about done. Wanna see more pics? Any FD fans out there?

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a473/KD93R1PB/AA%20Customers%20Cars/DSC02591.jpg

any peticular reason its in there sideways? im just curious. i know that battery is a dry cell battery, so it won't be a problem for it, but i just figured they prolly didn't send em out of the factory that way. very interesting cars though. i've always loved the fd body style.

That works, Jones. LOL

This car has transformed everywhere but on the outside. It has been through 4 stock twin set ups that we were trying to max out. I worked with those builds and it just started wearing on me. Then I didn't have the time to set it up the way I want, so we refreshed the motor and went single a few years ago. Now I just want everything to work exactly perfect and be fresh. There were no issues with the motor or drive line, but everything else was getting pretty worn or dated. The entire care has been rewired. And I mean every freaking wire inspected and harnesses re-loomed and 15 rolls of 3M tape used.

The fuel system was working, but I never really seemed to get it to use the full potential. So all new everything there, that was pretty pricey in parts alone. But I know it's done and should not have to mess with and big issues for a while. I guess that sums up why I went with a refresh. I just want it all done, new and working together so I can enjoy it. I have put my time in trouble shooting and chasing a ground or a connection. I decided a fresh start was the way to go.

The interior had been on the back burner for 5+ years. I hated the tan carpet and didn't want the leather seats. And frankly, I do not want to be the one to mess with it. I knew it was going to be a PITA. And it was!!! Thanks you Kevin for dealing with it. Kevin shopped and sourced the carpet and waved his magic wand to use the old molding with the new carpet. It was impressive.

Let's talk Kevin for a bit. Sorry Kevin, I'm putting you on front street. First of all, this build started while I was 7600 miles away. Before it even started, I had talked to Kevin off and on about getting the car to him. 10 months later, the timing worked out for both of us. I had seen his work, but hadn't really talked to him that much. But some people you talk to and you just know they are of their word and genuine. That's Kevin He wouldn't start n my car until the car he was working on was just the way the owner wanted. I can respect that ans I will take my place in line and wait. Holy shit was it worth it!! This guy works hard. Was doing his 8-5 job and then working on my car at night until well after midnight at least 5 days, sometimes more a week. I was telling him to take days off, but the drive he had and enthusiasm to work on the car was awesome. I got emails from him, usually daily, with at least 20 pics each day of work done and work to do, before and after. There has to be well over 500 pics all together. If he had a concern, he voiced it. If he knew there was something that would be a problem down the road, and it might take some time to fix, he would take that time to fix it so it was right. The mans level of knowledge is impressive, yet he's low key. I liked that.

Kevin's attention to detail is at a level you would think only you could give your car, if you had years of schooling and knew every detail about your car. But Kevin treats every car like that. I was able to see some of the other cars he's done work to and it's all the same level of great detail. His own FD is nothing less than impressive, getting him Best Mazda award at import face offs this year.

Alright, you guys get the point. So, when you see the car out, it won't look any different that it has the last 6 years. But everything inside the car is much better now.

Thanks Kevin