Anyone a member of Netflix?

Buck531

I just got this in an email. Not sure what to make of it. Last time I got something like this it was the ebay lawsuit and I got a check for 60 some cents. Anyone else get this?

If You Are a Current or Former Netflix Subscriber

A Class Action Settlement Could Affect You

Para una notificación en Español, llamar 1-866-898-5088 o visitar http://www.VideoPrivacyClass.com

Our records show that you were a current or former Netflix subscriber as of July 5, 2012. We are emailing to tell you about a Settlement that may affect your legal rights. Please read this email carefully. Go to http://www.VideoPrivacyClass.com for more information.

A Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit that claims Netflix unlawfully kept and disclosed information, including records on the movies and TV shows its customers viewed. Netflix denies that it has done anything wrong.

What does the Settlement provide?

Netflix has agreed to change its data retention practices so that it separates (known as “decoupling”) Entertainment Content Viewing History (that is, movies and TV shows that someone watched) from identification information for those subscribers who have not been a Netflix subscriber for at least 365 days, with some exceptions.

In addition, Netflix will pay $9 million into a Settlement Fund to:

• Make donations to Court-approved not-for-profit organizations, institutions, or programs.

• Pay notice and settlement administration expenses.

• Pay attorneys’ fees of up to 25% or $2.25 million of the Settlement Fund, plus up to $25,000 in expenses.

• Pay a total incentive award of $30,000 to the Named Plaintiffs.

Proposals from potential donation recipients will be sought, and, after consideration, recommendations will be made to the Court. A list of the proposed donation recipients will be posted on the website.

Your Options

If you do nothing, you will remain in the Settlement and your rights will be affected. If you do not want to be included, you must exclude yourself by November 14, 2012. If you exclude yourself you will keep your right to sue Netflix about the claims in this lawsuit. If you remain in the Settlement, you can object to it by November 14, 2012.

The Court will hold a hearing on December 5, 2012 to consider any objections, whether to approve the Settlement, award attorneys’ fees, and incentive award. You can appear at the hearing, but you don’t have to. You can hire your own attorney, at your own expense, to appear or speak for you at the hearing.

For more information: 1-866-898-5088 http://www.VideoPrivacyClass.com

PO Box 2750 Faribault, MN 55021-9750

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

I got $140 from a National City settlement a few weeks ago. It's not always worthless...usually is though.

Was this for the overdraft fee thing? Wish I had known about it before the claim deadline, I got royally screwed by them more than once. Switched to a local bank and haven't looked back since.

netflix lol

I dumped their ass a long time ago. $24 a month for a pile of shitty instants and one dvd at a time? lawlz gtfo with that shit I'll stick to downloading.

I don't know what package they signed you up on, but I pay $8/month and have a large majority of the TV series I watch on there...breaking bad, sons of anarchy, etc.

I don't know what package they signed you up on, but I pay $8/month and have a large majority of the TV series I watch on there...breaking bad, sons of anarchy, etc.

Same, and its more than worth it for $8 a month.

That's cool if you like staying two seasons behind or watching old stuff. I don't but if I did I could just download them.

most are pretty current. either way, I'm happy for < $100/yr to have access to all that shit without having to deal with torrents and the like.

Was this for the overdraft fee thing? Wish I had known about it before the claim deadline, I got royally screwed by them more than once. Switched to a local bank and haven't looked back since.

Yup. They fucked me too and I switched banks as well, so when I got the notification in the mail I told them to feel free and dig through all my records and nail those douchebags.

Yup. They fucked me too and I switched banks as well, so when I got the notification in the mail I told them to feel free and dig through all my records and nail those douchebags.

Nothing like overdrafting, putting some money in to make it in the black again, getting charged an overdraft fee, which overdrafts, and getting charged an overdraft fee for getting charged an overdraft fee.

Yeah, $24/month... :dumb:

I had instant streaming and 1 DVD (which I never used) for a long time and it was $8.99/month I think. Once they made a streaming only package for $7.99 I switched to it immediately. Lots of good TV shows (currently watching The IT Crowd) and plenty of decent movies. I watch some Netflix on my Xbox pretty much every night as I go to sleep.

I also torrent like crazy and have about 15TB of HDD space. :lolguy:

I have streaming and 1 DVD, I'm paying $16.52 a month. I stream all the time on my PS3, PS Vita, and Ipad, plus I always make sure my DVD queue is full so I have a movie always coming, when I get the disc I just copy it and send it back.