Lettuce tawk Wrangler Rubicon

zeitgeist57

Wish I would have had them when I was off-roading my 06. :dumb:

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af40/ted_kennedy/jeep1.gif

Should have taken your S4 instead, I bet it would drive right through that little puddle :dumb::gabe:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See Articulation and it's effects on traction. IFS LOL.

Love the Rover and H1 approach. It works well, but the right new tech on old school tech really shines.

You should read how the Rover suspension works, I think you might be surprised.

"For example, in "Rock Crawl", the suspension is raised to its maximum height and set to allow maximum wheel articulation, the differentials are locked, the driver is prompted to switch to Low Range, and the throttle response is altered to provide low-speed control.

In "Sand" mode, the traction control system is 'primed' to be more sensitive to any wheelspin, the differential locks are partly locked up and the throttle response is re-mapped to produce high power outputs with short pedal movement. The driver retained some manual control over the off-road systems, being able to select the Transfer Box ratio and the suspension height manually, although use of the Terrain Response system is needed to allow full use of the vehicles' capabilities."

The electronic disconnecting sway bar is pretty damn sweet on the Rubicons though.

You should read how the Rover suspension works, I think you might be surprised.

"For example, in "Rock Crawl", the suspension is raised to its maximum height and set to allow maximum wheel articulation, the differentials are locked, the driver is prompted to switch to Low Range, and the throttle response is altered to provide low-speed control.

In "Sand" mode, the traction control system is 'primed' to be more sensitive to any wheelspin, the differential locks are partly locked up and the throttle response is re-mapped to produce high power outputs with short pedal movement. The driver retained some manual control over the off-road systems, being able to select the Transfer Box ratio and the suspension height manually, although use of the Terrain Response system is needed to allow full use of the vehicles' capabilities."

I'm really happy for Rover and Ima let you finish, but sometimes complicated technology isn't the best, or most reliable answer.

- Beyonce

These have very low tech but really work well, without the limitations or reliability/durability issues that a heavily technology dependant solution can bring into the mix.

EDIT: Do want cactus mode on the Jeep though.

All that technology on a vehicle that will never see off road. Crossing a 6 inch stream doesn't count.

:dumb:

Perhaps you should come take a look at the underside of it and tell me if it's never seen off-road.

:dumb:

Perhaps you should come take a look at the underside of it and tell me if it's never seen off-road.

That was more of a general statement. Most LR's never see off road use. And no, I do not want to look at your undercarriage. :dumb:

That was more of a general statement. Most LR's never see off road use. And no, I do not want to look at your undercarriage. :dumb:

:lolguy:

No it's true, and it's sad really.

I was looking my ass of for this and finally found it.

It's an article in Rovers magazine about the wilds, one of the LR3's and there looks very familiar ;)

http://c7716.r16.cf2.rackcdn.com/Rovers-Magazine/pdf/Rovers-January-2011-web.pdf

LR3-Wilds.jpg

OP has been rather silent... what do you think?

In my travels to Cleveland and back yesterday, I reminded myself that the Wrangler is supposed to be redesigned and possibly packing a diesel in 2013/2014.

Also, I'm looking for another cheap 4x4...

Regardless, either option denotes that I benefit from waiting for the right opportunity. :)

I'm tired of waiting for the diesel power Wrangle. How about the Grand Cherokee with the 3.0 diesel? I'm hoping to pick one up at the end of the year.

No stick shift, and the whole point of a Jeep for me is a 4WD vehicle with removable top.

I'm not tired of waiting...

You will kill things when they offer the diesel wrangler in Auto only lol.

:yuno:Y U NO OFFER STICK IN USA FOR "GLOBAL PLATFORM"?

I can understand that certain Euro/Asian engines don't meet strict U.S. standards, but if you have the same engine offered on a car in Europe with a stick, why not offer it in the U.S. as well?

VW can't keep up with TDI-6speed Jetta Sportwagen sales, right? There IS A MARKET HERE...

• 5 months later...

Alright...the Blazer exercise with my wife last night (CONVERSATION ABOUT BUYING ONE...not what you sickos were thinking) made me realize that I'm definitely looking for a cheap open-top vehicle. Wranglers are still pricey for my cheap blood ($4k and up) but there are some bennies: EFI, very popular platform...

Trying to stay realistically in the $2500-$5000 range:

1) As long as maintenance is done, should 125k+ miles worry me too much?

2) '95 YJ's had galvanized bodies, but older suspension and interior...stick with the TJ's only? ('97-'99)

3) I test-drove two Wranglers at Carmax...one was a 2.0L 4cyl with less than 50k miles and the other was a 4.0L with over 110k miles. The 4cyl was just as good around town, but holy cow did it lack any sort of passing power on the highway! So, I'll be sticking with the 6-cyl...

Any input on decent used Wranglers, I'm all ears. As opposed to a newer Jeep, this will be a dedicated "toy" that won't take the place of a CTS-V and Cobra down the road...thanks!