Aaron Brown of Middletown Cycle...

FocusDave01

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ figure B = splat!, fall down and go boom.

Seriously, isn't the hot new suspension item to have one fork for rebound and one for compression? Kinda reminds me of McPherson struts. We'll see how that goes. But if they were not a permanently attached pair in action and reaction, it wouldn't work.

I have seen front forks flex to the side, from having a single disc up front. I do not recommend hanging out over the front end to see this, when hitting the front brake hard.

It works perfect and isn't a new concept. My gas charged internals on my 1000 are set that way, The compression adjusters on the bottom of the forks do nothing as the right fork is compression and the left is rebound... Both still have spring adjustment and they both actually have two different rate springs in them...

Your comment about flex is certainly something that can happen. It's the old bucycle crash deal. The forks can twist in the triples. You can also have some forks try and pull apart in the middle - thus, the need for fork braces...

If the owner makes it right then at least he is doing the right thing, but the sales staff / and service need to be looked at.

There is no way that bike if it was even moved around by a mechanic they wouldn't havent know there was something wrong with the forks. I know it had lost oil when it made it to my house, but even just pulling it off the side stand it would pogo because the right fork at least wouldn't settle. I Rode it down the hill at 10-15 mph and it pulled right the whole way because of the fork.

My guess is they took this bike in and since the other customer left it there not sure he was going to trade it in they never looked at it, then sold it to a customer. Now if Dave had kept riding this bike I know it would have ended badly as this bike was not farm from a nasty tank slapper from letting off the gas or hitting a pot hole.

Now the motor in defense to Middletown (if they never reved the bike since they had it) the smoke isn't noticeable at idle or even 4-5k RPM at idle. But you can see under load, but the test rider would see it untill they get it up to 10k or so (but even then if no one is watching they won't see it).

However had they ridden it before selling it the fork would have been a dead giveaway.

But a salesman saying a bike is immaculate that has not even been looked by a mechanic, and then not taking of the problem at the first sign says that the sales team needs to be addressed and policy that used bikes are gone over by service before sale to avoid this issue again.

I guess it doesnt really matter what ChrisOH or Lizard are fighting about (suspension theory) because there was an obvious problem with the bike. Tell them to give you your money back and go buy from someone else. Maybe the owner is a great guy but it doesnt really matter, nobody gives me money just because I am nice. From what focusdave said the salesman was not truthfull in his "sales pitch" and for that they dont deserve your money. The fact that you did not get any help until the issue went public is another sign that they dont deserve your money.

Tell them to fire the salesman and you will keep the bike, or they can keep the bike and the salesman

I guess it doesnt really matter what ChrisOH or Lizard are fighting about (suspension theory) because there was an obvious problem with the bike. Tell them to give you your money back and go buy from someone else. Maybe the owner is a great guy but it doesnt really matter, nobody gives me money just because I am nice. From what focusdave said the salesman was not truthfull in his "sales pitch" and for that they dont deserve your money. The fact that you did not get any help until the issue went public is another sign that they dont deserve your money.

Tell them to fire the salesman and you will keep the bike, or they can keep the bike and the salesman

Hey all, as you can see in my *Update* thread things are def bein done about my bike. I appretiate all the support in the matter. However even tho the salesman and service manager did assure me the bike was ready to go and ready to ride. I feel they would never have known about this issue on my bike unless they rode it in high rpms and checked the oil situation. I honestly think the bike just sat to long and after i started riding it again from sitting so long the problems arose. When I called let the service manager know about the problem i was under the impression that i was gonna have to shell out $1500 or more (when we thought it was the head gasket) of course I got teh impression that i wasnt being taken care of I should have met Aaron the day I took the bike and then when I got the problems I should have called Aaron first. Sadly Yamaha is closed today but they plan on droping the motor and updating me by monday on the situation. I have faith in them. I will ask that this thread be closed now as I got my point across. And I'll just keep you all updated via my *update* thread on whats goin on with my bike!!! Thanks Again!!!