Good backdrop locations?

Dragu1a

under pass on side streets near spaghetti warehouse downtwon

the bazillion corn fields in ohio on rural country roads are nice backdrop as well

i like the under pass idea...there will be a model in most of these shots, need a place somewhat secluded to minimize any passerby gawking.

i like the under pass idea...there will be a model in most of these shots, need a place somewhat secluded to minimize any passerby gawking.

If you are using a model, they honestly wont care if passerbys see them. (unless they are naked)

In fact i just did a shoot down in short north (where i got a parking ticket while the models chaperone was supposed to be watching our cars in case cops came by to ticket :rolleyes: ) and we were stopping traffic, walkign up and down allyways.. and people were watching is all the time.

point is.. its not a big deal.. point is.. dont park illegally though.. or if you do.. make it fast and keep your cars in site. ;)

As others have mentioned it really depends on what you're looking for, There are great locations downtown and all within a few blocks of each other but if you're looking for something rural these won't apply.

As mentioned the tunnel near Spaghetti Warehouse, then the street in front of Cosi where you have water and the city as a backdrop, the two new bridges right down there are pretty sweet though you may get hassled if you stop and try to photo there.

Couple good spots down by the new ball stadium. The Buggyworks building which is directly behind the stadium has a cool little brick street with arch tucked back between their main building and the building they converted to condo's.

Side street down by Buca downtown that snakes inbetween all of the bars down there is accessable.

The Arch right across from the stadium on Nationwide Blvd

Many of the garages downtown will cost you a couple bucks to get into and the roof's of them are generally empty.

There's a crazy blue brick wall behind the fire station at like 4th and Nationwide

...thinking of more. I run downtown almost every day on lunch and have a few places picked out to do photos, even have the equipment to do it myself I'm just generally too lazy to ever do it. Went to take a ton of pictures one morning before cars and coffee and it f'ing rained that morning.

I used the tunnels next to spaghetti warehouse, worked out well and even did it on a weekend and had no issues. Lots of confused people but eh oh well. Also, did out near the airport and found some hangars to be in front of and a few planes. I find a ton of spots downtown that work, just drive around and stop. Just be safe and dont get mugged lol.