dog tore acl

russian rocket

Ah. I know a Shelly Morris (or at least it used to be Morris) that works there. I think she might be a vet tech, though.

Yeah, my sister is a RVT. I'm like the only one who doesn't do anything with animals. My wife is a vet, my sister is an RVT, my parents train horses....

i am pretty sure the difference in price is because of the difference in procedures. where osu and medvet will be installing hardware, village vet will be doing a different type of procedure, i dont remember the name of it, something like a lateral suture. most of the cost for the big names comes from the hardware used and they have more over head than a local vet. but at the same time, osu told me they do 15-20 acl repairs every week and village vet does 2-3. at the end of the day, for me its going to come down to economics. i love my dog to death, but i just had a child born 4 weeks ago so unfortunately i can not see my self spending 3k right now to get her acl repaired. village vet did warn me that this type of surgery was not exactly recommended for my size dog because of her activity level, but confirmed that if i basically put her on bed rest for two months and let the scare tissue build up, it will be good as new.

by the way, here is the vid of what procedure i will probably be going with

NWS actual dog acl repair

i am pretty sure the difference in price is because of the difference in procedures. where osu and medvet will be installing hardware, village vet will be doing a different type of procedure, i dont remember the name of it, something like a lateral suture. most of the cost for the big names comes from the hardware used and they have more over head than a local vet. but at the same time, osu told me they do 15-20 acl repairs every week and village vet does 2-3. at the end of the day, for me its going to come down to economics. i love my dog to death, but i just had a child born 4 weeks ago so unfortunately i can not see my self spending 3k right now to get her acl repaired. village vet did warn me that this type of surgery was not exactly recommended for my size dog because of her activity level, but confirmed that if i basically put her on bed rest for two months and let the scare tissue build up, it will be good as new.

by the way, here is the vid of what procedure i will probably be going with

NWS actual dog acl repair

I figured that too. Waste of money really. Go get care credit and get your dog fixed the right way. Most vets will refuse a LIT on any dog over 25 lbs. Like literally won't do the surgery, they will tell you to find someone else to do it.

And most of the cost of the tplo and tta come from the time of the experienced surgeon doing the work.

but confirmed that if i basically put her on bed rest for two months and let the scare tissue build up, it will be good as new.

I wish you the best of luck with this part.

After my Husky had her Knee operation, she had to be in her crate for 2 weeks. She was not happy, and was thrashing, and flailing around. We thought that she would injure herself in the cage, she was doing so much thrashing.

We had to section off our upstairs, where she pissed all over the carpet, but she was much more managable.

Good luck with everything.

I just asked my wife their cut off on a LIT. They don't recommend it over 30 lbs and completely refuse the surgery over 45 lb. That is the standard they are taught in vet school. The guy is just taking your money.