Jeep LOL

Mr. Jones

I've been in some really amazing sideways situations in my 99 GC on 270 and so far nothing like that has come close to happening. I even had a +60mph trip on the other side of a ramps guard rail (don't ask) completely side ways through half of the ramps length and pulled out of it at about 40 and continued back onto the highway and about my business.

One thing I will say is that the rear will go out of control very easily. When I-71 does its "full stop" thing on the way back up to morrow county I've been in those exactly fast left right situations dodging cars. The bad part is you usually have to do a lot of recovering to get the vehicle to get back to straight, it over corrects like mad.

In their video, I watched it quite a lot and it seems like the volvo is going considerably slower than the GC. That and they seem to be trying to roll it pretty bad opposed to just trying to steer it left, then right quickly.

After the gf hit a deer and THEN went off the road I've been trying to drill into her head to never swerve no matter what, just put the brakes to the floor.

Yep, it's one of the things they first pound into you when you get your CDL about accident avoidance is not to swerve except in an extreme situation. Otherwise if you manage to "Avoid" the obstacle and crash in the ditch, you can obviously kill yourself doing that or if you survive you get a "Failure to control" ticket.

But really... Who cuts the wheel at 50mph and jumps to another lane and back. Thats one of the worst things to do at that speed. Even if a deer was on the freeway, the last thing I would do is yank the wheel and go to another lane.

SUV drivers are usually female. Ever see a 30-ish soccer mom react to an unexpected event INTELLIGENTLY? Nope, the response is almost universally scream and swerve.

SUV doesn't handle like a sports car?

I just read the warning on my sun visor and that's pretty much what it says.

http://thertpblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/myth-confirmed.jpg

It also seems to indicate that airbags will knock an infant's brain clean out of it's socket.