Romney / Ryan

nurkvinny

I hope Ryan's stance on medicare doesn't cost Romney Florida. That would pretty much seal up an Obama victory.

you can be sure the dems will pound on this. Even though his plan does not effect anyone currently receiving medicare. He does the smart thing and phases it in

I hope Ryan's stance on medicare doesn't cost Romney Florida. That would pretty much seal up an Obama victory.

How when...Obama is already cutting Medicare.

Last week, a new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report updated the amount of money Obamacare robs out of Medicare from $500 billion to a whopping $716 billion between 2013 and 2022.

According to the CBO, the payment cuts in Medicare include:

•A $260 billion payment cut for hospital services.

•A $39 billion payment cut for skilled nursing services.

•A $17 billion payment cut for hospice services.

•A $66 billion payment cut for home health services.

•A $33 billion payment cut for all other services.

•A $156 billion cut in payment rates in Medicare Advantage (MA); $156 billion is before considering interactions with other provisions. The House Ways and Means Committee was able to include interactions with other provisions, estimating the cuts to MA to be even higher, coming in at $308 billion.

•$56 billion in cuts for disproportionate share hospital (DSH) payments.* DSH payments go to hospitals that serve a large number of low-income patients.

•$114 billion in other provisions pertaining to Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP* (does not include coverage-related provisions).

...and I like Ryans reason for not increasing Pell Grants (which Obama is incorrectly saying Ryans budgets cut.)

Ryan want to hold the current level of Pell grants. His "cuts" are aimed at the universities to stop tuition and other cost increases. By forcing universities to be more accountable and to lower costs ... the existing Pell grant dollars would be able to help more students.

Now thats the way to solve a problem ... not to just toss more dollars at it.

its all a crap chute these days, I guess ill try to figure out the lesser of the political evils and go from there. we need someone in office that will actually cut out wasteful spending and, dare I say it, but maybe even raise taxes a little as well. that way we can not only balance the budget, but actually start lowering the debt.

I still need to research him more, but I'm not fully on board with him. His budget proposal actually increases the debt before it balances anything. Also it's a 30 year plan and as everyone knows, that plan will only be in effect for a few years at best, so it will increase the national debt and that's it!

But again I need to do some more digging on his views, how he's voted in the past and most importantly who is in his pockets.

Romney sucks so much ass that I don't care anymore. I'm throwing my vote away voting third party. I'm sick of this 2-party bullshit that constantly gives mediocre-to-terrible candidates. Go Gary Johnson 2012.

you would be throwing your vote away if you voted for the norm R or D

you are making your vote count, I will be doing the same.

When you have to decide between the better of 2 evils, something is wrong. I'll still be voting for Ron Paul. I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I voted for the candidate that I feel whole heartedly would do the right thing once in office.

When you have to decide between the better of 2 evils, something is wrong. I'll still be voting for Ron Paul. I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I voted for the candidate that I feel whole heartedly would do the right thing once in office.

Agreed. Will also be voting for someone outside of the 2 shit parties.