Depression

SPL_Josh

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get out more. Sunlight and fresh air help.

Also, be aware of your thoughts. Catch yourself when you get into a harmful thought pattern and force yourself to think of something beneficial and happier. It's difficult at first, but it always is when trying to change a behavior. The more you do it, the less you'll find yourself having to do it. Your brain is essentially in a chemical addiction to your moods. You have to break yourself of that.

Focus on the good. Acknowledge the bad, but focus on the good.

Get out more. Sunlight and fresh air help.

Also, be aware of your thoughts. Catch yourself when you get into a harmful thought pattern and force yourself to think of something beneficial and happier. It's difficult at first, but it always is when trying to change a behavior. The more you do it, the less you'll find yourself having to do it. Your brain is essentially in a chemical addiction to your moods. You have to break yourself of that.

Focus on the good. Acknowledge the bad, but focus on the good.

I'm outside for several hours a day, got a promotion/raise, have a great girlfriend, am closer to achieving goals I have set for myself. But even with all the positive just get depressed. It was never like this even when I didn't have half the good things in my life that I have now.

I'm outside for several hours a day, got a promotion/raise, have a great girlfriend, am closer to achieving goals I have set for myself. But even with all the positive just get depressed. It was never like this even when I didn't have half the good things in my life that I have now.

Stress of life man, always wanting more. Even when you're succeeding you will always want more and that will keep you down.

Sounds like what i go through on a daily basis....everything is great but in my mind i am never happy with anything. I just suck it up on get through the day.

Go see someone about it, there are many ways to treat it. I've never been formally diagnosed but I saw a counsilor for about a year that helped me greatly in dealing with it. However I get hammered when it gets bad so its not like I have a solid handle on it, they call that self medicating.

Best thing you can do is talk to a professional. People spend years and years on degrees to help you find out how you can deal with your issues, its not just a scam.

I will, however, say that I think the pharmaceutical industry in this regard is kinda fucky, so beware of anyone whose first instinct is to get you on meds.

^^ Been there done that. It's like making money, the more you make the more you spend. Sure, tons of good things like saving, etc...happen but in your case and I've been there and go there still, the more you achieve the heavier the pressures in life become. Sometimes you don't know you're lifting tons more but you are.

What's helped me is to simplify things a bit and to go to counseling. I'm not above saying that because it does help. No different than a massage for your body, a good sit down massages your mind. For me it helped put things in perspective and I realized that there were a ton of pressures in my life that I just plain dealt with that my mind and subconscious was not happy with.

Once I realized all of them, I put a plan in place to address the concerns. It's a constant work in process for all of us.

find a friend with an adderall prescription and take one to see if it helps then go to the doctor demanding some

I don't know anyone that has any.

I've taken it once years ago from what I remember it put me in a good mood. Made me very vocal whereas I'm normal quiet.

Could be an imbalance in your chemistry, get checked out by a physician plus exercise helps and stay away from alcohol..........I know I will take bullets over that one but it is a depressant.

I exercise 4-5 days a week. And I don't drink, if I do its an occasional beer once every couple months. Couldn't tell you last time u was drunk.

find a friend with an adderall prescription and take one to see if it helps then go to the doctor demanding some

I was half joking.. but yeah that shit is the bomb.

So leik wut u doing after work? :megusta:

I exercise 4-5 days a week. And I don't drink, if I do its an occasional beer once every couple months. Couldn't tell you last time u was drunk.

Exercise and eating right doesn't really make the difference, it's about the balance of natural chemicals in the brain. Of course I think the best advice in this thread is to go talk to a professional, a lot of people still think there's something wrong with you for seeing someone about these type things but trust me it can be very helpfull to talk.

Exercise and eating right doesn't really make the difference, it's about the balance of natural chemicals in the brain. Of course I think the best advice in this thread is to go talk to a professional, a lot of people still think there's something wrong with you for seeing someone about these type things but trust me it can be very helpfull to talk.

It CAN be caused by an unbalance, it can also be caused by a number of other things like lack of exercise and unhealthy food. Treat your body like you do your car, you don't put grease and oil in your gas tank, why put that shit in your mouth. Your body needs the correct fuel to run right just like your vehicle.

I was diagnosed with depression several years ago; mom died, divorce, home foreclosure, self esteem issues. I took Zoloft for a while and it really helped a lot. Getting outside, exercising, and eating right made me feel just as good.

I know it sounds lame, but the only reason I'm probably still alive after the downward spiral I had is my son. As a single father, he's the thing that keeps me going every single day regardless if I feel good or not.

I don't know anyone that has any.

I've taken it once years ago from what I remember it put me in a good mood. Made me very vocal whereas I'm normal quiet.

I was half joking.. but yeah that shit is the bomb.

LOL.. that stuff is basically cocaine in pill form. I've taken it a few times before if I had a long day and was going out on the town and a bro had some. Happy mood engaged, talkative ENGAGED, full on energy lol.

Adderall is great if you need to get a bunch of shit done after work, but it won't take take that "gloomy" feeling away (at least not permanently). Plus good luck walking into a Doctors office and asking for it, Physicians/Psychiatrists are NUTS about writing schedule 3 medications due to the fact Kasich is a Nazi when it comes to that stuff (for good reason but he's still a little over the top IMO).

I know tanning is a Chick-thing but try spending all day laying in the Sun @ the pool, works wonders.

Even then I would see someone, i've suffered from Depression throughout my life and the right medications can make all the difference in the world. PM Johnny_Bravo on here I believe he works in the field and could probably set you up with someone reputable.

word up but from what I've seen that shit ages you on the inside mentally.. and it's a really hard habit to break. I have two friends with prescriptions and they take 3-4 a day.. if they run out too soon and have to wait a couple days it's like their dog died. Shit's scary.

It CAN be caused by an unbalance, it can also be caused by a number of other things like lack of exercise and unhealthy food. Treat your body like you do your car, you don't put grease and oil in your gas tank, why put that shit in your mouth. Your body needs the correct fuel to run right just like your vehicle.

I was diagnosed with depression several years ago; mom died, divorce, home foreclosure, self esteem issues. I took Zoloft for a while and it really helped a lot. Getting outside, exercising, and eating right made me feel just as good.

I know it sounds lame, but the only reason I'm probably still alive after the downward spiral I had is my son. As a single father, he's the thing that keeps me going every single day regardless if I feel good or not.

Everything you do effects that balance, but its different for everyone.

word up but from what I've seen that shit ages you on the inside mentally.. and it's a really hard habit to break. I have two friends with prescriptions and they take 3-4 a day.. if they run out too soon and have to wait a couple days it's like their dog died. Shit's scary.

yea, Brian nailed it on the head. Taking it on the daily would be a nono. It is Amphetamine. I took it a few times when I was tired as shit from work and it was friday night bar time. If you have an addictive personality as if you can get hooked on shit easy (food,drinks,etc...) dont ever try them. Makes hangovers nasty too :fuuuu:

My wife has been a counselor, social worker, and owned her own practice and has a lot of experience with helping depression. I am sure she would be more than willing to discuss your situation over some e-mails if you would like.

She won't cure you in a day, but I bet she can get you on your way.