Powdercoated rims

Rgreen

• 4 weeks later...
actually why not just use Plasti-dip on them first and realize what you want... since you can take it back off!!

See below:

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?62368-Plasti-Dip-on-how-to/page3

How durable is that stuff? A friend of mine has it on his wheels and it seems to be holding up pretty well. Is this something you have to reapply every so often?

How durable is that stuff? A friend of mine has it on his wheels and it seems to be holding up pretty well. Is this something you have to reapply every so often?

go to dipyourcar.con they have a Lo of answers. but if you drive often then you will have to reapply every 6 months if you do it right. 4-6 coats. very durable but don't do auto car wash

If you dont tear it or scrape it it will not come off. You can treat it like any other wheel (minus chemicals / cleaners). I would still not hesitate to use and automatic car wash. I think I went through a few when mine were Plastidipped. I definitely did when I had some trim Plastidipped. Held up fine, even in the winter. With enough thick coats from the start you will not need to reapply.

I am going to use it on my Gold CrossLace GTA wheels. I will be black gloss with silver lip for a while. I do like my current black wheels but looking for a change next spring season.

Nice to know about the car washes and you experience! I heard otherwise so real world is good.

go to dipyourcar.con they have a lot of answers. but if you drive often then you will have to reapply every 6 months if you do it right. 4-6 coats. very durable but don't do auto car wash

Edited by 1badgta

I will try that thanks

Keep in mind to find this stuff you will have to go online.. most places only carry black the the glossifier and the metalizer are only available online... I think this is very bad market distribution since there is a need for this suff local.