WTB, HUGE CAM. Bigger the better. Lsx

neonkiller

all ls cams will be the same money. id set a goal and figure out your cubic inch compression head cfm and such then get a prupose build custom roller. that way u end up with a combo that actually works and dont get spanked by a car with a good combo and a 228r cam.

You cant just shove the biggest cam you can buy in the motor and expect it to work Shanton. Do research and see what others are running.

This.

There's no denying that people make insane HP numbers on cam-only LSx engines using cams so big that most people usually wouldn't even consider them for use with stock heads (mainly due the the kick-ass LSx cylinder head design), but I still don't think it's advisable to just right into the biggest one you can find.

Also, even if you're not concerned about drivability - huge cams typically require fairly regular valve spring change intervals.

This.

There's no denying that people make insane HP numbers on cam-only LSx engines using cams so big that most people usually wouldn't even consider them for use with stock heads (mainly due the the kick-ass LSx cylinder head design), but I still don't think it's advisable to just right into the biggest one you can find.

Also, even if you're not concerned about drivability - huge cams typically require fairly regular valve spring change intervals.

Not to mention "fly cutting" the pistons

Thanks guys, well I guess I should have clarified my setup, ls6 intake/throttle with stage 2 ips heads. Would like the powerband up top considering i have about 1.5k done to play with.

I'll look on ls1 tech but I don't know off hand how much more those IPS heads flow. Kinda had the impression that the more air the better.

Anthony you had the same heads correct?

MS-4 or T-rex

but does he wanna go fast?

MS4, T-Rex, Vindicator, Pollutor, any company's billy badass cam should work for you, just pick one, and make sure you've got the right springs and PTV clearance.

You cant just shove the biggest cam you can buy in the motor and expect it to work Shanton. Do research and see what others are running.

This:

Do the research and talk to the people that have these parts and see what they think and what they use it for. If you want to drive the car t Rex is prolly not gonna be your friend. Ask Craig. Awesome cam if you plan on laying the D on people. Also you'll want to match your cam with a reasonable gear.

My cam is around the 234-242, 600/610 on a 114 with stage 2 tea heads. Car drives fine and has plenty of power up top with a lot of lope. This size cam likes the high rpms. You usually lose power at the bottom with these big cams. It shakes pretty good at a stop light if that is what you like. My compression is bumped up also. Never had a stall out and have put plenty of miles on this set up. Dual valve springs a must. Edited by BrianZ06