homebrew questions

AWW$HEEET

yeah, i understand that.

I should also have mentioned that before you transfer from your primary fermenter into the bottles, you'll need to add a small amount of priming sugar to kickstart the yeast again. That's where your carbonation will come from.

You can also get some priming tablets that go directly into each bottle, but it's easier just to mix the right amount into the whole batch before bottling.

How long did you sit on your Primary?

How long are you going to sit once bottled?

How long are you going to chill before consuming?

KillJoy

primary is at 2 weeks as of today. Waiting til week 3 to bottle.

Don't know, probably another 3 wks.

Don't know how long ill chill it.

Its a blonde ale, that's all I know.

primary is at 2 weeks as of today. Waiting til week 3 to bottle.

Don't know, probably another 3 wks.

Don't know how long ill chill it.

Its a blonde ale, that's all I know.

A lot of guys on HBT like to let them sit on the cake for 4 weeks. Bottle and wait another 4. Then to the fridge for 2 weeks.

I have done this on all of the batchs I have done. All have turned out great and VERY clear. Carbonation has always been spot on, and I have never had a bottle bomb.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

A lot of guys on HBT like to let them sit on the cake for 4 weeks. Bottle and wait another 4. Then to the fridge for 2 weeks.

I have done this on all of the batchs I have done. All have turned out great and VERY clear. Carbonation has always been spot on, and I have never had a bottle bomb.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

That's a good rule of thumb.

I always do 4-6 weeks minimum in the primary fermenter, sometimes longer, but I'm typically making "bigger" beers in the 10% ABV or so range so they tend to take a longer time than lighter stuff anyway.

I find that chilling the wort as quickly as possible produces the best clarity and prevents "chill haze". Something about cooling it fast helps precipitate out all of the cloudy junk. I also siphon from the primary to the bottling bucket (where it gets the priming sugar added) to leave as much sediment out as possible.

You can probably drink them in as little as a few days after bottling, but more time tends to equal more character.

That's a good rule of thumb.

I always do 4-6 weeks minimum in the primary fermenter, sometimes longer, but I'm typically making "bigger" beers in the 10% ABV or so range so they tend to take a longer time than lighter stuff anyway.

I find that chilling the wort as quickly as possible produces the best clarity and prevents "chill haze". Something about cooling it fast helps precipitate out all of the cloudy junk. I also siphon from the primary to the bottling bucket (where it gets the priming sugar added) to leave as much sediment out as possible.

You can probably drink them in as little as a few days after bottling, but more time tends to equal more character.

Do you re-use your yeast?