Move over Chuck Norris

TTQ B4U

So as my kids both enter into a new school year, another step in their life begins today. I studied several forms of martial arts for over 14 years until a severe injury ended that for me. Today my two begin the first of their forms.

Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan will serve as an initial foundation for them both and I look forward to attending with them. We will begin with 3 sessions per week moving to 5 per week by the end of their first 6 months.

My son Nick, age 9, was off to a pre-test for his class as he has had 2 years of JuJitsu Training with me and Master Kim wanted to see what he has learned thus I only captured a fun pic of my daughter who is even more excited to begin. For those that don't know, yes, Chuck Norris is a Tang Soo Do Grand Master.

Had to be a pic whore, even if they are just blown out iPhone shots :)

Sophia Age 6

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/145599962/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/145599960/original.jpg

man... tang soo do brings back some memories, i used to take classes when i was a kid. i did it for about 3 years and then decided i didnt want to do it anymore. not that belt colors matter all that much but i think i reached red belt with 2 strips. been so long that i dont even remember any of the Korean that i was taught.

my son took karate all last winter but stopped for spring baseball, summer vacations, and now is in fall baseball. I'll sign him back up when the season is over. With a couple kids both wanting to do stuff at some point you just have to pick and choose between stuff. I have no idea what kind of karate it was....Wat Da Fook maybe? :D

my son took karate all last winter but stopped for spring baseball, summer vacations, and now is in fall baseball. I'll sign him back up when the season is over. With a couple kids both wanting to do stuff at some point you just have to pick and choose between stuff. I have no idea what kind of karate it was....Wat Da Fook maybe? :D

Who needs martial arts when you have a baseball bat? Bet your kid with a bat beats up everyone elses 8yr old on here that takes karate...

Just sayin...:gabe:

Hopefully there aren't any 8 year olds working Krav stick defenses. :)

Regardless of the style, a baseball bat is among the easiest weapons to disarm. Nick will move to Krav when he's in high school. If it was prevalent in my area when I was younger, I would have taken it.

Regardless of the style, a baseball bat is among the easiest weapons to disarm. Nick will move to Krav when he's in high school. If it was prevalent in my area when I was younger, I would have taken it.

Never too late to start. :)

And I agree. I'd rather face (only if I had to and had a choice) in order: nothing, bat/staff, firearm, knife.

Get started with your son (I'm assuming "Nick" is your kid). We have people of all ages in our class.

Get started with your son (I'm assuming "Nick" is your kid). We have people of all ages in our class.

Nope, I'm done. Broke my back and had quite a bit of trama back in the day. I'm good if needed to protect myself but overall training, not a risk I can take anymore.

My 11 year old nephew took the gold in some junior olympics thing in texas for tae kwon do...wanna place some bets?

Tae Kwon Do is by far the most worhtless form of martial Arts and if Tim's kid does in fact have two years of Jiu Jitsu (pending what house it is from), then I put a $100 he fucks your nephew up.

My 11 year old nephew took the gold in some junior olympics thing in texas for tae kwon do...wanna place some bets?

I'd take that bet.

Guy in our gym did TKD for 18 years. Black belt and all. First night of Krav he puked, but he kept coming back. He was quoted on the gyms site as saying, “I have spent many years in other Martial Arts; I thought I could defend myself. After dedicating my time to Krav Maga, now I know I can defend myself."

Hasn't even been in a year and admits he's much better off in real world applications now than with 18 years TKD.