Hurricane Issac

93fox

Went down to the beach today to check out the waves and snapped a quick pick of the pier with my phone of the waves right before it started pour...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/Jags4life/CC2CD809-DD68-41AA-842C-38F5DD75FC31-8155-00000D7B5033C109.jpg

For reference, this is what it usually looks like..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/Jags4life/FDB0719B-364C-4F4F-BAE2-4A34370B81B6-8155-00000D7BDE5C124F.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pics.

I just got back from Pt. Sulphur in Plaquemines Parish yesterday evening. I left my camper in a lot on the Westbank right outside the mechanical floodwall. At the jobsite I hear that the water is 12' in some places. I left my gangbox on a sub station platform that is about 25' off the ground. It is supposed to be high enough to sustain Katrina type water levels.

Im betting my camper is fucked since a mandatory evacuation was just ordered for the westbank where its sitting because of flooding. Yeah its fucked I see it on tv right now.

I just got back from Pt. Sulphur in Plaquemines Parish yesterday evening. I left my camper in a lot on the Westbank right outside the mechanical floodwall. At the jobsite I hear that the water is 12' in some places. I left my gangbox on a sub station platform that is about 25' off the ground. It is supposed to be high enough to sustain Katrina type water levels.

Im betting my camper is fucked since a mandatory evacuation was just ordered for the westbank where its sitting because of flooding. Yeah its fucked I see it on tv right now.

Insured??

So, is it just me, or has the entire Gulf Coast turned into the home of whiny bitches? I mean, dude, that's a place where hurricanes go. Always has been. You get your ass reamed by one cat 5 killer, and now the mention of a cat 1 has everyone running for the fucking hills like cockroaches when the light comes on, and I have to hear about how "we hope everyone stays safe down there" on every radio channel, constantly.

As far as floodwalls being breached, What the Fuck, people? Seven years ago you got your shit pushed in something fierce, and that kinda thing SHOULD make you tougher, smarter, and better prepared. Now, it's like any storm with winds over 40 miles per hour is apt to catch you bending over with your cheeks spread. FIX THAT SHIT, YOU DUMB MUTHERFUCKERS!

So, is it just me, or has the entire Gulf Coast turned into the home of whiny bitches? I mean, dude, that's a place where hurricanes go. Always has been. You get your ass reamed by one cat 5 killer, and now the mention of a cat 1 has everyone running for the fucking hills like cockroaches when the light comes on, and I have to hear about how "we hope everyone stays safe down there" on every radio channel, constantly.

As far as floodwalls being breached, What the Fuck, people? Seven years ago you got your shit pushed in something fierce, and that kinda thing SHOULD make you tougher, smarter, and better prepared. Now, it's like any storm with winds over 40 miles per hour is apt to catch you bending over with your cheeks spread. FIX THAT SHIT, YOU DUMB MUTHERFUCKERS!

:fuckyeah:

if you dont want earthquakes dont live in california.

if you dont want hurricanes dont live in florida.

if you dont want snow dont live up north.

if you dont want to be obese dont live in the south.

easy enough

Insured??

Yeah I should be fine. If I had a way to get it out of there I would have.

A lot of these people down there are dumb as fuck so it should be no surprise that the area will never be prepared for any major storm. Whoever want to live there is dumb as fuck. My company sent us home for a week on Monday when it was certain it would hit us. I left soon after trying to beat evacuation traffic.

It didnt take much for me to leave. I dont have the need to ride it out like so many others but I cant wait to get back down there to check on my shit. Gonna be like the Wild Wild West down there by time I get back.

A lot of these people down there are dumb as fuck so it should be no surprise that the area will never be prepared for any major storm.

Exactly.

To ignorant fucks everything is someone else's responsibility. So when shit goes wrong that they didn't plan for (and should have), it's not their fault but someone else's.