Master Power t76, bullseye s475, on3 t76?

hpfiend

Hey all-

2700 lb gremlin 355 sbc, 3.73 gears soon , th350 with 3000 rpm stall, shooting for low 10s in quarter from a blow through single turbo carb setup- from my limited experience both the bullseye s475 and master power t76 look pretty good, which would you go with and why?- are there any on3 maps available anywhere for the 76mm? Thinking 15 psi should be enough.. Need about 650 rwhp I believe... As the car currently runs low 13s at 95 mph that puts it what 250 rwhp? Going to put a cam and the new rear in soon as it has one too large and only 2.56 rear gears now....

Thanks guys! AJ are they big enough just to use one?? I really only have enough room on the drivers side for the one turbo and the other side I need room for the air to water intercooler... There isnt really enough room in the front for an air to air and the associated plumbing

Someone on ls1 tech just made 647 I think with chads bb 76. Master power is no longer selling to general population. I think there modular turbo or something like that. Keep your exhaust housing large. Wich will keep the backpressure in check. If u could get a s480 or s488. 80mm or 88 mm 1.32 exhaust housing. Also your 3.73s will be way too much gear for a ca4 that light. Id start with 3.23

Thanks! It looks like the s475 is the cr favored option to get and play with the housings to minimize lag... I am building the headers so a t6 flange shouldn't be an issue. I am trying to learn as quickly as I can but isn't a s475 a 75mm turbine? With the right A/R housing wouldn't the 76mm make more power? Or are those housings just not available?

What makes a good versus a bad wastegate? Aren't they a pretty simple design?

Does anyone know of a website or shareware that will plot various boost levels and rpms, CID on a compressor map to test for a match or should I see if I can make something up myself- kind of tedious to do it manually? How do tell spool or lag-factor from those efficiency maps? Is it the cutoff at the bottom? The reason I ask- and I will have to double check but the T76 map I saw was very similar to the S475 as far as the flat level rpm at the bottom...

I cant get it to post.

Open google and put in s475 vs t76 look at the images.

S475 is massive compared to the MPT76. Support bracket will be manditory for it.

For wastegates, its mainly down to build quality. Heard of a lot of people using cheap 60mm Ebay gates and working. But have heard of my share of failures as well. Dont tend to hear about failures on quality gates. Good gates would be, Tial, Turbonetics, JGS, turbosmart, HKS.

I still just run a Tial 38mm on my 410cu inch with a GT4202 T4 flange. I can run 8 psi no issues. I would think a 44-50mm would be just fine.