Ccw class tomorrow

mrs.cos

Pretty excited, taking the CCW class and 2 housr of range tomorrow.

Need some input though. I get very fidgety or very sleepy during lectures. Is it ok to get up and move around during class time? Is it interactive typically? Im nervous because we are taking this class with a lot of my husbands co workers and im worried about embarrassing him.

We are doing class for 5 hours; range time for 2, then finishing the other 5.

Seeing as This is already over id like to know what your experience was.

All the above comments "can" be correct but unless they took your class then they won't know. I only say that not to be a jerk but this is the reason I am starting to teach ccw so that people like you can be involved and will learn something. I hope you did learn more than the difference between a semi auto and a revolver. Sadly most do not.

I hear you on this. The first 5 hours was a little tough, but the second 5 hours was really good and the range time was quick. I would say since I'm kind of new to this Eric. If there are some new people to this, I would ask the new people to stay after the first 5 hours and go over, dismantling your gun to clean it. That can be intimidating to someone new. I was lucky my neighbor is a police officer and he showed me some good pointers on taking my gun apart and cleaning methods. Other than that, maybe go over some questions that someone is concerned about on the written test.

Ok, now that my brain isn't fried, ill give a little write up on my experience.

Bobby, (the teacher from At Home CCW) was awesome. Seriously. I greatly enjoyed his class. I feel like he did an amazing job. He let me shoot one of his guns because my hands were too small for the last of the 3 guns he had for us to shoot at the range.

He emphasized a lot of the legal issues that come with being a CCW person.

I was REALLY dragging by the end of the day.. i was fighting staying awake. Im not sure what could have been done to help that.. it was just a LONG day. He did however keep things lively, he was very personable, and his spanish accent was a little on the dreamy side. ( :lol: )

• 4 months later...

I was a little schocked when she called me and said they were ready.. I didnt expect them that fast.

We went to franklin county.

Oh and we had booked this appointment 3 weeks ago. it was the soonest he could get us in.

he said they are doing on average 50-70 CCW license a day.

Fairfield takes about 2 weeks after you turn your paperwork in.

All depends on when you went. I have talked to numerous people that it only took 4-5 Days. And one that said 2 weeks.

I'm not worried about it. I just wish I could turn my stuff in and wait on them.