Day laborers... Where can I find em?...

neonkiller

Everyone wants to make a quick buck and not put in the hard work for it. I remember when I was a kid I used to mow yards all around my neighborhood for $5-10 each and I'm only 28! People these days are so lazy that it leads people to searching out illegals since they are more dependable.

This sums it up:

The Notorious BIG said it best: "Either you're slingin' crack-rock, or you've got a wicked jump-shot." Nobody wants to work for it anymore. There's no honor in taking that after school job at Mickey Dee's, honor's in the dollar. - Boiler Room

The workforce doesn't want to work at McD's because we've been taught since an early age to work hard, get good grades, and study or else we'd be flipping burgers. Now those same people are criticizing the young workforce's reluctance to take such jobs out of a sense of misplaced pride in our mountain of college debt.

The workforce doesn't want to work at McD's because we've been taught since an early age to work hard, get good grades, and study or else we'd be flipping burgers. Now those same people are criticizing the young workforce's reluctance to take such jobs out of a sense of misplaced pride in our mountain of college debt.

To some extent I disagree. The problem is the youth thinks everyone goes to college they deserve a job. If they put in the hard work and earn it, yes, but many don't want to put in the hard work.

I never said anything about a career. Shanton also doesn't want a short term person like it seems like he has been dealing with from his post. And without benefits on a job like this is you get hurt they can not only go after him but even the property owner. That is not a good thing for any party. And what someone says and what they do if they were to get hurt are different so don't say that if they got hurt they will take care of it themselves

I never said anything about a career. Shanton also doesn't want a short term person like it seems like he has been dealing with from his post. And without benefits on a job like this is you get hurt they can not only go after him but even the property owner. That is not a good thing for any party. And what someone says and what they do if they were to get hurt are different so don't say that if they got hurt they will take care of it themselves

I'm sure he wants a reliable person who can work the season, I don't think that's unreasonable.

Also, as for liability, that's the gamble both parties take. Don't like the risk, don't do the job. Simple.

There is allot of good info and I appreciate the replys.

It is a risk on my behalf and if something were to arise I would do everything I could to help out someone who worked for me. I am the person to assume his safety and be responsible for him.

Also about the pay rate. I would prolly pay in cash, I don't pay myself I literally put it back in my company and get paid through another part time job. Im trying to build something and if taking a risk by giving someone a job at a decent rate of 80-120 in cash I guess I am guilty.

Im only posting this cause I want some help you don't like it just move on but I know there are people out there that would like something steady.

It would be nice to let me know just a week in advance when you dont wanna work for me anymore, that way I can adjust where need be so far people just dont show up or leave. that puts me in a bad spot when I cant get work completed.

More than likely I will be tearing out foreclosed houses for winter and plowing witch in return I can up my employees pay and get them on 1099 witch would be the right thing to do but after they see how much will be taken 30 percent they would prolly rather have cash than claim.

Im not trying to scam the the good usa out of its money Im trying to get someone a job that needs it and get my business to a point where I can have a payroll, legit way.

BTW Biggie was right.

On the note of people wanting more money. If I were to tell you the days where I made nothing or even lost money you guys would say Im a failure but Im still here and im about to close on my second year.

This past year business has been great most all of my equip is paid for however with things breaking and bad luck Im willing to struggle and work for nothing to make my dream a reality. Even if doesnt happen and I dont make a crazy end of the year figure I still can support my family in the way I need to and to me Id do anything to make that happen.

Do you pay into worker compensation benefits? what happens when they mow over someones foot, or they get hurt on the job? (asking being i have seen it happen)

I can however if you are a 1099 your a private contractor. if you make over 600 with me.

accidents happen but I hope I can weed out an idiot like that.

But none the less it could will or might.

I can however if you are a 1099 your a private contractor. if you make over 600 with me.

accidents happen but I hope I can weed out an idiot like that.

But none the less it could will or might.

that's why they call them accidents. you know who cuts their fingers off with a tablesaw, or who mows over their foot?? not the 'idiot' you would think, but the professional woodworker, and employed lawncare professional. a simple lapse in concentration combined with a false sense of 'comfort' with the equipment is what leads to injuries.

i deal with work compensation patients often. these people are painful as shit to deal with for everyone. Even though it pays me VERY well, its almost not worth it. no one wants to go back to work, everyone wants to be on disability, and nearly everyone has a shitty result despite receving the exact same care, etc etc.

just be careful, protect yourself, and do everything by the books as much as you can.

good luck, hope the business takes off