2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

jeffro

Im going up to Toledo to look at one this weekend. Has a hair over 100k miles. carfax checks out. Bone stock with a new clutch. Its the 6 speed manual version. Anything i should be looking out for in particular? Im not talking about regular oil changes etc...

Also, how do these fair as a daily driver? My brief search last night yielded limited performance upgrades.

Beware of electronic parts. If MAG does not have it in stock, they cannot get it at this time. Supplies are starting to dwindle on popular items. Could not get a blower motor for a '05 9-3 the other month can't get a throttle position sensor for a '03, etc. You are buying a car with no certain OEM parts future at this time.

Beware of electronic parts. If MAG does not have it in stock, they cannot get it at this time. Supplies are starting to dwindle on popular items. Could not get a blower motor for a '05 9-3 the other month can't get a throttle position sensor for a '03, etc. You are buying a car with no certain OEM parts future at this time.

Thats scary. :thumbdown

Preliminary search for an 07 TPS yielded aftermarket parts, which are okay in my book. I could care less if theyre OEM or not.

Edited by jeffro

+1

A friend of mine have one and her husband also have the same car. Both of them have problems with electronic and can't get fix because of the parts situation.

Yeah, I would suggest looking at something different. I know we have several at Byers and have been told to no longer retail them to ANYONE. I guess they have taken them in on trade and many have needed miscelaneous parts in service and it has been a nightmare trying to find the parts. So we can still take them in on trade, but they all have to go to the auction or get wholesaled.