dealership parts

351mach11647545510

What is the deal with dealership parts? Parts cost varies depending on who you talk to or what dealership you talk to. On 2 recent occasions I have called the dealership to verify a part was in stock and price. Walk in to pick the parts up and they ring me up almost double what the guy on the phone told me. Im like wtf and guy ends up changing it to the qouted price and saying "I suppose I can give it to you for that". What is this shit all about?

Different dealers pay different prices from the manufacturer. Then when they sell the parts the price depends on what discounts are applied. When they try to sell it to you at twice the quoted price it's because they are selling it at "list" price. It's a good idea to try to find someone who deals with a given dealer frequently and use thier discount to get the parts you need. Make sense?

I try to avoid the dealership for parts but there has been a few things lately that local parts stores havent had. Hell yesterday I went to buy some auto trac ll transfer case fluid, yesterday. Guy on phone tells me $8.95. Go in and guy rings me up for $15.xx a quarts.

What is the deal with dealership parts? Parts cost varies depending on who you talk to or what dealership you talk to. On 2 recent occasions I have called the dealership to verify a part was in stock and price. Walk in to pick the parts up and they ring me up almost double what the guy on the phone told me. Im like wtf and guy ends up changing it to the qouted price and saying "I suppose I can give it to you for that". What is this shit all about?

Happens all the time, nearly every time I've bought parts from a dealership I get quoted a good price then when I go to pick it up the price jumps 200%. Probably due to the fact the parts manager is the guy ringing me (you) out, a good portion of that 200% goes right in his pocket (most of the time).

Happens all the time, nearly every time I've bought parts from a dealership I get quoted a good price then when I go to pick it up the price jumps 200%. Probably due to the fact the parts manager is the guy ringing me (you) out, a good portion of that 200% goes right in his pocket (most of the time).

Very true. Most dealer parts counters are hourly plus comission.

There are call recording apps in the app store for both android and iphone. Record phone call with quote. Go in, and when they quote you 200% play back the recording.

By law arent they required to honor that price?

"by law" implies court. You would spend a lot more that way. Plus, they could just say they quoted you the wrong price or say you were quoted the price for the wrong part, or ask you to prove you are affiliated with the account the price was quoted against. Now if you ask nicely they will more than likely give you the price you quoted as long as you remember who you talked to.

Almost all dealership employees are commisioned. The parts guys here don't even have an hourly base pay. Most dealerships have the same costs in their parts unless they are pretty big, what happens is the dealership decides to use whatever pricing matrix they want. I tell people to buy online whenever possible because those dealership are about how much they can sell not trying to make a bunch off of one part.

Or just go to Oreilly in Westerville and not have to worry about stealerships.

But, that it fucked up. Interested in hearing more.

You are turning into such a dick, some parts need to be bought at a dealership. Trim pieces, manufacturer fluids, grow up.

You are turning into such a dick, some parts need to be bought at a dealership. Trim pieces, manufacturer fluids, grow up.

Shouldn't you be passed out in a corner somewhere?

IM KIDDING. CALM DOWN.

I managed the parts dept for just about every dealership in Delaware and we would set our own pricing somewhere between jobber and list. If we didnt like you , then you paid list. If you were a good customer, then you would get something close to jobber.