OH and the HHR SS is faster around the ring than a Mini SC

The diference is I didn't buy anything yet. YOU OWN an HHR

LOL

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Dubs740/hhrss.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 6 speed trans is not AS prone to grenading like the 5 speeds are.

Electric P/S pump issues - leaks, total failures, cooling fan issues.

Lower ball joints front.

The serpentine belt takes 2 people, 45 minutes and a lot of patience. (S/C model)

Aftermarket is as plentiful as the Miata as far as nick nacks and power adders.

Door lock actuators

They are a blast to drive, but at times when each one leaves with $1K plus bill every other oil change in the 60K mile+ range it just gets sketchy. We don't service many in the 100K+ range. Most people seem to get the newest model, or sell off for good before 100K.

the one i'm looking at has 110k on it :no:

The diference is I didn't buy anything yet. YOU OWN an HHR

LOL

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Dubs740/hhrss.jpg

Yea so. I like it.

being only 1.52 seconds slower around the ring than an AWD car that looks like a beetle/pinto bean ain't to shabby.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html

the one i'm looking at has 110k on it :no:

Remember though, we are a repair shop so we just see the broken ones. There are stretches of zero maintenance like any other car, but when a problem does arise it is usually not very cheap. A good inspection as you know will be very important on a Mini.

Id go for the a4 no doubt. Itll be slower than the mini and handle much wose but have an actual livable interior design and materials wise.

Both 1.8t and 3.0 have plus and minuses but id prob go for 1.8t. A few cheap easy mods make them faster Nd get worlds beter mileage. You lnow about the 1.8 anyway.

What goes through somebodys mind to make them want to get an HHR? I would cut my pipi off and shove it up a mini coopers tail pipe before being seen driving an HHR in public. Srs. Must have sexuality issues driving these retro vans

That's it???

I expected better.

My boss had a a clubman with the s motor. At 50k the timing belt slipped and the motor was toast. His mechanic told him this is fairly common with the s. For around town it was fine and fun to drive but every time we had to go to Cleveland or Cincinnati it sucked. After all the trouble he had i would never have one.

Now, please continue with the clown car and gay jokes.

The mini is fun to drive and roomy, I really liked mine. Everyone else on the road will assume you are either daddys little girl or a fucking faggot. I couldn't stand that and sold mine after 8 months for a sizable loss.

You want something that turns heads and gets compliments in the shithole backwoods part of ohio you live in, buy back your GTO

These cars can be a lot of fun. if this has the N14 engine then it would of been under recall for the aux water pump so make sure that is taken care of. there is a class action out currently for the timing chain and front windshield. Timing chains like to go out early and I have seen issues with clutches as well, some going as soon as 28k. if you want one just make sure you get in inspected before you purchase and check the service history for the recalls and service bulletins

Some of the main issues have been covered by Crossle, complete list of thing I commonly see go wrong on the R53 cars. The R56 is a much nicer car in every way but they have a long list of problems too.

- electric steering pump failure - as early as 40k - $350 for a reman + 2hrs labor

- control arm bushings - typically by 60k - lower front subframe to change - 3hrs labor

- water pump and water pump o-ring leaks - damn near remove the supercharger to change the pump

- window motors fail

- aux fan failure

- crank sensor seal - all cars by 5 years/100k

- timing chain failures - seem to be a result of oil service neglect.

Having said all that, I would own one if the price was right.