iOS6 thoughts, and observations

SpaceGhost

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for once I agree, I saw that as well and just shook my head, wish there was a way to get google maps back lol

And how often do you think we are gonna have that problem??

Slim to none....but you never know. Not like you're always traveling in rural areas are ya?

I like the maps app, I was using TomTom USA anyway for everything navigation. Seriously though we closed on our brand new house Sept 6, and this app knows exactly where it is, Google gets close but west two houses over.

Again the issue is resolved, open safari and type maps.google.com if you don't like the new app. I'm sure google will just release it's own app soon too.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/63010000/jpg/_63010679_dingwall2.jpg

:lolguy:

I would rather have the app back, and yes I know of the web site so dont act like you are some iphone guru lol. I'm not on 6 anyways I would rather keep my jailbreak and continue cracking apps for apptrackr ;)

Again.. this is why i have a SEPARATE navigation device from my phone.

One thing I'm not liking is the brightness setting. Before, it was like Auto-Brightness meant it would adjust to the lighting, but not go any lower than where you set it. With iOS 6, Auto-Brightness just ignores your setting and moves the brightness setting itself.

For me it's either too bright at night or too dim in the day.

Anyone else getting terrible battery life after going to iOS 6?

Restore your phone via iTunes to day one like functionality before you do the upgrade. I've had other say that fixed their battery drain issues. The only reason I restored on my 4s is I installed a Gold Master of iOS 6 last week. Zero difference in battery life to me.

Counter to that, I've never done that, as most all mine were OTA normal updates. I did my wife's 4s like this yesterday using the OTA update and even hers is still the same in terms of battery life.

I have the TomTom app on my phone as well and the Navigon App loaded on my laptop all I have to do is sync, no need for a separate device. Just sometimes its easier to search on google maps app and then navigate right to it.

I agree. I use Motion X Drive and TomTom. Motion still by far is the best one I've used. Tons more features, very intuitive and an interface even Apple can't duplicate.

I have the TomTom app on my phone as well and the Navigon App loaded on my laptop all I have to do is sync, no need for a separate device. Just sometimes its easier to search on google maps app and then navigate right to it.

That's the beauty of being a slave to Google. Everything is tied and sync'd. So in this case having Maps, Latitude, Contacts and recent Google searches all intertwined makes things very convenient.

So you can look up a place on your PC and when you get to your car, just click on recent places and hit navigate without having to search for it again. Then if you have Android 4.1 it will even display a "card" in your notification bar with ETA, taking into account for traffic automatically for something you searched earlier on your PC.

To me that makes standalone GPS devices obsolete.

That's the beauty of being a slave to Google. Everything is tied and sync'd. So in this case having Maps, Latitude, Contacts and recent Google searches all intertwined makes things very convenient.

So you can look up a place on your PC and when you get to your car, just click on recent places and hit navigate without having to search for it again. Then if you have Android 4.1 it will even display a "card" in your notification bar with ETA, taking into account for traffic automatically for something you searched earlier on your PC.

To me that makes standalone GPS devices obsolete.

Apple's Maps is tied to Outlook and for me Motion X is tied to contacts. In sales we book all of our meetings in Outlook and in the location tab put the address. On the iDevice, just click on the calender entry and tap on the location that appears. It then hits the maps app and you can route from there.

I use Motion X and instead just click on the name of the person I'm meeting with. That then generates a link to email or text to my coworker who then just clicks said link to have his/her Motion X route them to that location....that's if I'm meeting someone there. Wife and I use it together when coming from different locations.

Again, the new maps app is okay for an improvement but still not up to to simple aftermarket apps.

Apple's Maps is tied to Outlook and for me Motion X is tied to contacts. In sales we book all of our meetings in Outlook and in the location tab put the address. On the iDevice, just click on the calender entry and tap on the location that appears. It then hits the maps app and you can route from there.

It's similar on Android. Outlook meetings and reminders are tied to your calendar, so you'll get the normal reminder in the notification bar (Details, Snooze or Close), and if the meeting is at a different location you will get a "Card" giving you ETA and you can tap on it for navigation.

Technology

:fuckyeah: