Dodge Nitro opinions needed

wnaplay1647545503

Jason, what exactly are you looking for?

If you want a utility vehicle that hauls people and goods well, you just can't beat a minivan. Tons of space, tons of people, comfy, reliable, and proven.

No SUV can touch a minivan in the functionality box.

They do "look" better though I suppose.

The Journey is a better vehicle...much better than a Nitro.

I will echo this and I have driven both for lots of test miles. The Journey got better in 2011+ but the Nitro stayed the same. Actually, the 2011+ Models withe the 3.6L are pretty nice.

Jason, what exactly are you looking for?

If you want a utility vehicle that hauls people and goods well, you just can't beat a minivan. Tons of space, tons of people, comfy, reliable, and proven.

No SUV can touch a minivan in the functionality box.

They do "look" better though I suppose.

+100.

If your wife is going to be hauling cakes, kids, cakes+kids at the same time, cakes+workers at the same time, just get a minivan. In fact, get a cheaper Chrysler T&C, and use the money saved to do a vinyl wrap on it. Advertising and transportation???

tax-deductible business expense writeoff!!!

Minivan FTW.

WHAAAAT??? Who is this smart guy posting earlier in this thread?

My wife wanted a Ford Flex in a bad way, and I loved the Ecoboost idea. Awesome ride. Still love it to this day.

The problem is nothing touches a minivan for all around versatility. It just does everything really well (cargo hauling, people hauling, fuel economy, comfort, towing, ease of driveabilty, cost of maintenance) in one vehicular solution.

I took a tandem jogging-stroller to the New Albany Classic last weekend. I was pressed for time, and I couldn't figure out how to fold it down. FUGGIT, I said, and threw it in the back of our Odyssey...bish swallowed it whole and I still had room for a few kids from church. You can't do that in a CUV!

We have had a minivan or fullsize van for nearly 17 years and its time to move on. Ideally I would be buying a 2007+ tahoe or yukon but we all know Jason is going broke thanks to the good ole govt. Now I am looking for a decent looking suv thats around $10k range and not 15 years old. As always I search craigslist several times a day and when I see something that looks like a good deal I want to know what they are like. I have seen 2007+nitros in the price range I am looking and recently a 2009 journey as well. Both are somewhat newer and fit the price bill, a combo that is hard to find.