Black iPhone 5 (scuff gate)

Putty

That video comparison sucks! Each phone hit the ground at different angles and different points of impact. I'd like to see exact drop and impact points between the two.

With that being said, iPhone held up quite well to the test, but ain't gonna buy.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That video comparison sucks! Each phone hit the ground at different angles and different points of impact. I'd like to see exact drop and impact points between the two.

With that being said, iPhone held up quite well to the test, but ain't gonna buy.

That's cool, apple doesn't need you to buy one. Samsung on the othe hand is killing to get people to buy their phone. I guess brand loyalty is something that android lacks.

That's cool, apple doesn't need you to buy one. Samsung on the othe hand is killing to get people to buy their phone. I guess brand loyalty is something that android lacks.

Brand loyalty impedes innovation. That's why each iPhone since the first has had fewer and fewer market-shattering innovations, like the first one did.

Android provides a level playing field in terms of OS, and then leaves the actual hardware makers to their own devices to take the most or least advantage of the opportunities afforded by the OS. Samsung, for example, releases a variety of products that take advantage of Android in different ways in the interest of constantly improving.

That's why each iPhone since the first has had fewer and fewer market-shattering innovations, like the first one did.

The initial iPhone completely changed how a smart phone was seen and used by people in their daily lives. That revolution wasn't just because of the phone itself. Jobs and Apple worked hard to integrate the phone, it's OS and the OS of not just Apple computers but the software that also runs on Windows machines so that everyone could enjoy a pretty seamless and simple experience. So it wasn't just the phone is was that people all over wanted to be a part of a pretty simple yet sexy and powerful system. In the end however, it really is just a phone that does only so many things. There's really not much of a "revolution" that's left to happen on a phone...at least until they generate a way to push others into using what it is they create. I think we'll see that more in the future especially as it relates to payments.

Next Apple put more of a focus on the iPad and tablets. The timing was perfect and they nailed it spot on. So here understanding their market approach, it was about changing and revolutionizing how people consumed media including video and web. Job well done and thus why they dominate that market.

What you're seeing in their OS and phones and tablets is simple a greater unification of the systems. Sure iCloud and moves such as that existed elsewhere such as with Droid based system, but again, that hype and techno stuff didn't really mean much if it wasn't tied to a network of users like Apple has. Apple wasn't really and likely won't ever be the first at many things, but what they have been very good about it doing whatever it is better than most by keeping their eye on the experience and the creation of things that people want to use in their daily lives. Droid and namely Sammy with the GS3 have done well, but still aren't there yet IMO.

My G2 is "old technology" and does just fine. Has internet, navigation, all the apps I could ever want, texts just fine, and it even makes phone calls!!!

I don't understand the obsession with spending a ton of cash on these hipster phones

You're right, $200 for a NEW PHONE is a lot of money.... you fucking broke-ass.

Galaxy 3 = Corvette ZR1

iPhone 5 = Ferrari F430

Both great cars. Made for 2 different buyers. One buyer wants a ZR1 that has gobs of HP and can easily be made to have more (for less reliability). The other buys the F430 because of the great design and craftsmanship, knowing it can also go 200mph like the ZR1 and look better doing it.

Galaxy 3 = Corvette ZR1

iPhone 5 = Mustang (V6)

Both great cars. Made for 2 different buyers. One buyer wants a ZR1 that has gobs of HP and can easily be made to have more (for less reliability). The other buys the Mustang because they have to own what everyone else thinks is cool, they don't even care that they got the lame V6 because it still has the Mustang badge on it which is all they care about having.

Fixed.

Galaxy 3 = Corvette ZR1

iPhone 5 = Mustang (V6)

Both great cars. Made for 2 different buyers. One buyer wants a ZR1 that has gobs of HP and can easily be made to have more (for less reliability). The other buys the Mustang because they have to own what everyone else thinks is cool, they don't even care that they got the lame V6 because it still has the Mustang badge on it which is all they care about having.

Fixed.

I wish I lived in your world of v6 Mustangs out performing ZR1s.

I would buy one in a heart beat!

Benchmarks

They are fucking phones people! Seriously, the difference between one phone and the next these days is the level of brain washing a manufacturer can achieve. People are spending hundreds of dollars for phones that do 2 - 3 things better than the phones they already own.

Congratulations to android and apple customers that love their phones enough to argue your stature at the top of the food chain. You are making them richer by the second while they do as many minimal updates as possible... You just traded in your Ferrari and purchased a new one because they changed the font of the user manual.

That felt good :gabe: Go back to your phone comparisons.

You're right, $200 for a NEW PHONE is a lot of money.... you fucking broke-ass.

Cool because my NEW Android that I get for FREE every 2 years does all the same shit as your super-cool-trendy iPhone. :gtfo:

And how many of these guys are paying $200 for it? Maybe it's that cheap for the 8gb version IF you have a full upgrade

Cool because my NEW Android that I get for FREE every 2 years does all the same shit as your super-cool-trendy iPhone. :gtfo:

And how many of these guys are paying $200 for it? Maybe it's that cheap for the 8gb version IF you have a full upgrade

It's 199 for 16gb with contract.

It's 199 for 16gb with contract.

Very reasonable. How much does it cost without a contract/upgrade? And I wonder how many people are spending hundreds on the 5 after spending hundreds on the 4s less than a year ago.

Edit, found the answer myself...

if you don’t have the upgrade, the retail price is a depressing $650.

I'm sure that won't stop the hipsters from getting the latest and greatest!

Edited by 2 Sweet

i know i didn't pay $199 for my GS3

i dropped $600 on it, but that's because i refuse to be in a contract.

i'm only paying $30 a month for my phone service though.

if i keep it for only 1 year, i'll be ahead of where i would have been paying $199 and $80 per month in a contract. 2 years is even more savings.

Checked out my buddies iPhone 5 over the weekend. Such a sorry ass phone for sure. I own an iPhone 4 and I don't see me getting the 5 ever unless itll be free. You gotta be a serious fuckin sheep to get that iPhone 5. It's basically a polished 4 :dumb: :nono:

Inb4 apple nuthuggers who make posts convincing themselves that the iPhone 5 was worth the purchase.

I'm considering adding a line to my acct and getting a S3 to test drive for a few days. Really having a problem that I dont have the new car feel with this iPhone 5.

it's just a phone. now if you're wife says the above about you, then you have something to post about.