nurkvinny

Pres  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Pres

• Obama / Biden
    • Romney / Ryan
    • Write In

did you post this from one of the 13 MILLION obama phones? LOL

ummm, Maybe your not aware but I'm a Lead Engineer @ a bank with 8 engineers that report to me. So no it was posted from my Galaxy Note. My statement was in regards to 2008 when I got laid off and 3 months later my wife had kidney FAilure.

I work my ass off @ both my full time and @ IPS Motorsports so the things I have I have earned.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm, Maybe your not aware but I'm a Lead Engineer @ a bank with 8 engineers that report to me. So no it was posted from my Galaxy Note. My statement was in regards to 2008 when I got laid off and 3 months later my wife had kidney FAilure.

I work my ass off @ both my full time and @]IPS Motorsports so the things I have I have earned.

:lolguy:

I work my ass off @ both my full time and @ IPS Motorsports so the things I have I have earned.

But yet you have no problem voting for a man who gives away everything you work so hard to get.

No offense, but this reminds me of the Saturday Night Live Will Ferrell skit where he says, " I drive a Dodge Stratus! You will respect me!"

I dont care what you do, and I've followed your story on here through the years.

You have no problem asking the rest of us to kick in for the issues you encounter. It's just a difference of philosophy. BTW, I pay for Fire and Police protection so I have no problem calling them when I need them.

You finance your so called "toys" with debt and then complain about insurance premiums. Priorities..plain and simple In other words, you still feel you have the right to have toys but expect the rest of the world to kick in on your medical insurance. I happen to disagree.

No sense in opening up the medical insurance thread again. It just always seems to come back to that when you post in a political thread.

Edited by OSUGT
embed attempt
  • Confused 1

the 47% thing is so sad.

if you listen to it, most of it is true. he talks about 47% of people relying on type of govt aid, (close to being a fact), and goes on to talk about personal accountability.

why is it wrong to talk about this sort of thing? i am not even in support of romney, but what is the taboo about being responsible for yourself with no government intervention? i am disgusted that politicians have to even cater toward these type of people who feel entitled to everything under the sun, just because they exist as part of this country.

Because it is disingenuous at best and an egregious misunderstanding of his own figures at best. Most seniors holding their Romney signs would disagree that they are reliant on the government but that is a full half of the 46.2% Romney cited as "Never going to vote for him". Additionally 32 percent of those making less than $30,000 and 42 percent of those making between $30,000 and $50,000 support Romney, since 61% of those in the 46.2% made between 10k-30k and seniors tend to skew R, writing off the "47%" that "will never vote for him"

I don't think anyone has a problem addressing the welfare queen trope, the reality is that reaction is tempered to the proportion of the problem it represents. Corporate bailouts and subsidies represent nearly 100% more of the budget than social welfare programs.

But yet you have no problem voting for a man who gives away everything you work so hard to get.

No offense, but this reminds me of the Saturday Night Live Will Ferrell skit where he says, " I drive a Dodge Stratus! You will respect me!"

I dont care what you do, and I've followed your story on here through the years.

You have no problem asking the rest of us to kick in for the issues you encounter. It's just a difference of philosophy. BTW, I pay for Fire and Police protection so I have no problem calling them when I need them.

You finance your so called "toys" with debt and then complain about insurance premiums. Priorities..plain and simple In other words, you still feel you have the right to have toys but expect the rest of the world to kick in on your medical insurance. I happen to disagree.

No sense in opening up the medical insurance thread again. It just always seems to come back to that when you post in a political thread.

Get off your high horse. You took your mortgage, college interest and whatever other deductions are available to you. That is a government subsidy through the tax code. Tell us one tax increase that has taken effect to prove your Obama "give away" theory.

Side note: The "Obama Phone" was a program started by Regan when Republicans fought a war against poverty... not poor people.

Get off your high horse. You took your mortgage, college interest and whatever other deductions are available to you. That is a government subsidy through the tax code. Tell us one tax increase that has taken effect to prove your Obama "give away" theory.

Side note: The "Obama Phone" was a program started by Regan when Republicans fought a war against poverty... not poor people.

inflation

BTW, your rational indicates you think the govt is actually giving me something. I think that's funny...it's my money to begin with.

Edited by OSUGT

Inflation is at 1.7% it was 4.1% in 2007. What's more, are you talking about the supposed impact of quantitative easing? The action taken by the independent Federal Reserve who has complete autonomy from the presidency?? Tell me more about how much you know.

Inflation is at 1.7% it was 4.1% in 2007. What's more, are you talking about the supposed impact of quantitative easing? The action taken by the independent Federal Reserve who has complete autonomy from the presidency?? Tell me more about how much you know.

cute cpi figure that doesnt include gas or food

cute cpi figure that doesnt include gas or food

This article is called: Do you know the difference between CPI and Inflation

You should read it.

Additionally, Gas is a global commodity. If you think the president, congress, or any US citizen has control over it, you need more than the schooling I am giving you now. Increases in food prices are a direct result of actuarial and speculative adjustments based on the massive drought happening across the country. Fact.

What's more... Here is the CPI (including gas and food) over the last 30 years:

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/cpiw.gif

Show me again where the big bad Obama exponential increase starts? Oh, the vector would actually be higher had it not gone down (as a result of decreased fuel demand) during his watch (no fault of his own).... gotcha.

Put your fucking spoon away, this is a gunfight.

• Upvote 1

My flaw is that I want American's to all be healthy and I don't feel there entire life should be ruined because of unexpected illness.

And osuGT you don't know jack about how i spend my money or even what i make or what I have in retirement.So What's your point? That I should not be allowed to have a car payment? that i should not drive a 05 i should drive a 1985?

http://whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/

Ummmmm

"Obama's done a ton"?

Is the real unemployment rate lower? How about all of your friends that barely eek out a living without relying on a tax break to write off expenses? To quote my man Denzel on this one: "you cant bullshit a bullshitter".

Fact is, Affordable Care Act has done nothing except for diverting Medicare funds to an unproven program that informs Americans about options supported by a private-sector healthcare industry. 2,000 Americans dead in Obama's war in Afghanistan. $17 Trillion in debt that my children are inheriting...

I can cite NPR references to denegrate Obama, but with your "Magic underwear" references aside, I'll take a multi-millionaire that's been far more succesful in business over your drug-addicted, Communist-associating, attention-whore from a broken family as President of the United States of America.

Brian, that's me keeping it civil. :) PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST!

Inflation @ 1.7%, but far less velocity now, than in 2007. Read up on the quantity theory of money. Holding constant what the fed is doing right now, if people started actually spending money, we would be fukked with inflation.

And I lol hard about bill clinton going on commercials, stumping for obama, claiming obama didn't start this mess. The lollerific part is that clintons policies, paired with the cheap money that alan greenspan was slinging, was probably the precursor to this entire jamb we are in right now. No one even acknowledges it, or knows to look back that far.

Inflation @ 1.7%, but far less velocity now, than in 2007. Read up on the quantity theory of money. Holding constant what the fed is doing right now, if people started actually spending money, we would be fukked with inflation.

And I lol hard about bill clinton going on commercials, stumping for obama, claiming obama didn't start this mess. The lollerific part is that clintons policies, paired with the cheap money that alan greenspan was slinging, was probably the precursor to this entire jamb we are in right now. No one even acknowledges it, or knows to look back that far.

Thank you....

But when you are running for president the media will take something like that and make you out to be Satin.

Satin

Satin

Satin

Satin

Satin

Satin

Satin

http://writtenvoyeurism.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/satin.jpg

BC 2012. /thread

The lollerific part is that clintons policies, paired with the cheap money that alan greenspan was slinging, was probably the precursor to this entire jamb we are in right now. No one even acknowledges it, or knows to look back that far.

not probably, their policies are exactly what got us in this mess. the problem is the masses that follow Obama either couldn't hold a conversation on the matter or for those that know are fooled with his teflon way of talking. Clinton & Obama....what a fucking mess for this country. :dumb:

"Obama's done a ton"?

Is the real unemployment rate lower? How about all of your friends that barely eek out a living without relying on a tax break to write off expenses? To quote my man Denzel on this one: "you cant bullshit a bullshitter".

Fact is, Affordable Care Act has done nothing except for diverting Medicare funds to an unproven program that informs Americans about options supported by a private-sector healthcare industry. 2,000 Americans dead in Obama's war in Afghanistan. $17 Trillion in debt that my children are inheriting...

I can cite NPR references to denegrate Obama, but with your "Magic underwear" references aside, I'll take a multi-millionaire that's been far more succesful in business over your drug-addicted, Communist-associating, attention-whore from a broken family as President of the United States of America.

Brian, that's me keeping it civil. :) PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST!

^^^ Damn! Clay coming out swinging the reality stick!! Nice!! 200% agree.

I cant vote for a guy who's greatest Business accomplishment was OUTSOURCING, and paid less in taxes then I did last year! If you think a guy like this can relate to the common man, well I could not help you there.

Then vote for one of the others like Ron Paul, that is what I plan on doing.

I cant vote for a guy who's greatest Business accomplishment was OUTSOURCING, and paid less in taxes then I did last year! If you think a guy like this can relate to the common man, well I could not help you there.

He did his job plain and simple. His job was to save the companies. His role as president would be completely different and he can do it and has the skills. Obama couldn't put forth a budget let alone balance one and has a piss poor track record of showing us any real success. What he did promise didn't come to fruition either and what did happen is he grew our deficit to what 16-17 Trillion?

If you're upset about Roms 14% fed tax rate from investments, I bet you wouldn't be if you too had significant investments making you money. He also did not take all the exemptions that were available to him and donated millions to charity and his religious causes. Look up his salary while Governor and tell me if Obama would take the same in any role.

I know I am a newbie.. but I just want to put in my 2 cents. I am gainfully employed but I do not owe anyone anything. 20 years ago I was making 15K and after 2 years had 10K in the bank. I just got a car from my father when I left home. I worked in customer service until I could earn a degree that would pay what I wanted. I worked my way through college by finding a company that would reimburse me for college classes. I have never had debt except when I bought a house. then I paid it off in 10 years. I always pay cash for my cars and owe nothing. I didnt do it with government assistance and if the economy goes in the tank I could work at Walmart to feed myself and family. Anyone can do it. If I need health ins I would look for an employer who would pay for it. I would pick a job that is in demand and go to school. My father worked at the old GM plant for years. Made much more money in a year than I have yet to make in a year and has 0 to show for it and is on SS and medicare with a pension. That will never be me. I dont want to pay for someone who has not learned to plan their life by raising my taxes. I give a lot to charity and homeless because that is what God wants us to do. He never said for the Government to take care of the poor, he said it was for us to do.

I know I am a newbie.. but I just want to put in my 2 cents. I am gainfully employed but I do not owe anyone anything. 20 years ago I was making 15K and after 2 years had 10K in the bank. I just got a car from my father when I left home. I worked in customer service until I could earn a degree that would pay what I wanted. I worked my way through college by finding a company that would reimburse me for college classes. I have never had debt except when I bought a house. then I paid it off in 10 years. I always pay cash for my cars and owe nothing. I didnt do it with government assistance and if the economy goes in the tank I could work at Walmart to feed myself and family. Anyone can do it. If I need health ins I would look for an employer who would pay for it. I would pick a job that is in demand and go to school. My father worked at the old GM plant for years. Made much more money in a year than I have yet to make in a year and has 0 to show for it and is on SS and medicare with a pension. That will never be me. I dont want to pay for someone who has not learned to plan their life by raising my taxes. I give a lot to charity and homeless because that is what God wants us to do. He never said for the Government to take care of the poor, he said it was for us to do.

Sounds like you have your shit together, good job for you. If there were more people like you who took pride in personal responsibility, we would be better off as a whole.

not probably, their policies are exactly what got us in this mess. the problem is the masses that follow Obama either couldn't hold a conversation on the matter or for those that know are fooled with his teflon way of talking. Clinton & Obama....what a fucking mess for this country. :dumb:

I don't have time to get into this today, but I know all the revisionist arguments. Ive, in fact, read Michael Lind's book that inspired the GOP talking points. It's easily discredited. I'll just pose this little nugget... The people who discredit he 90s boom and assign blame for our lost decade to Clinton are the same people who disparage Obama for blaming Bush.

Makes sense.

I don't have time to get into this today, but I know all the revisionist arguments. Ive, in fact, read Michael Lind's book that inspired the GOP talking points. It's easily discredited. I'll just pose this little nugget... The people who discredit he 90s boom and assign blame for our lost decade to Clinton are the same people who disparage Obama for blaming Bush. Makes sense.

I prefer to look a the facts as to who supported the practices to allow lower income Americans with shitty credit histories the ability to buy a home at the expense of others. Facts are that practice was put in Motion by Clinton and we're left with the results. He also thought NAFTA was a good move and again, we're paying the price.

No need to debate the reality of what we were given under his role as PODUS. Obama's results are also proof that four more years of his leadership will plunge us further into oblivion. Welcome to the American Dream as defined by the Dems. Come buy a house with no money down, where we don't care about your credit. You deserve a chance to live the dream. Then go furnish it and further live the dream by refinancing it beyond what it's worth, we don't care. Don't understand what you're signing? We don't care, just sign the papers, it will all work out, we promise....and in a few more years, we'll cover your healthcare too even if it means taking from the people who work hard for their money to cover the costs.

Edited by TTQ B4U