• Obama / Biden
    • Romney / Ryan
    • Write In

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yuno: not sure if you're serious :confused:

Ive seen this debate. I post a graph made by a democrat saying its better then you post a graph made by Fox news showing different results.. Not knowing the guy that knows the real results is locked in a government basement being fed pop rocks and soda at gun point.

What is it about CR demographic that skews it so far right? These results are more in line with what one would see here in Alabama, not Franklin County, Oh.

This is a forum for people that like to spend money on cars and working with their hands.

Obama is catering to a population that is increasingly getting used to having as much handed to them (or, taken care of for them) as they can get, and will adapt their lifestyle to accomodate that comfort.

Romney is catering to a group that understands the future is risky, but will continue to push for future personal success knowing that if they fall short, their life will still be fruitful and they won't have any regrets.

Both parties believe government provides an outline to our lives, with structure, regulation and insulation. The differences are in WHAT and HOW MUCH the government will be responsible for on a day-to-day basis.

To quote Public Enemy's "Muse Sick n Hour Mess Age"...

WHAT SIDE YOU ON?

:)

This is a forum for people that like to spend money on cars and working with their hands.

Obama is catering to a population that is increasingly getting used to having as much handed to them (or, taken care of for them) as they can get, and will adapt their lifestyle to accomodate that comfort.

Romney is catering to a group that understands the future is risky, but will continue to push for future personal success knowing that if they fall short, their life will still be fruitful and they won't have any regrets.

Both parties believe government provides an outline to our lives, with structure, regulation and insulation. The differences are in WHAT and HOW MUCH the government will be responsible for on a day-to-day basis.

To quote Public Enemy's "Muse Sick n Hour Mess Age"...

WHAT SIDE YOU ON?

I think you part about catering to those who want hand-outs is inaccurate; I personally know many millionaire democrats. There are a small segment of people (as Drudge found yesterday) that believe in the hand-out culture but they are a clear minority. Welfare fraud is committed exponentially more by the well-off providers than by recipients.

I believe that in your Romney scenario, having a safety net allows for those risks to be taken, for the Romney/Ryan plan to cut taxes while decreasing the deficit to take place, those safety nets would need to be decimated. I don't think that is the answer.

That's not the point. I think you are right in your last statement, and that is where I was going with this. I met with a simple blue collar guy a few months back who explained it this way: People in cities see government everywhere they look, they need it or the structure that holds the civility together would fall apart. People in the country rarely see government and are quite content handling shit on their own. I thought that was an unexpectedly thought provoking moment that gives insight to the foundations where fundamental beliefs start being built. Everything else branches off from there.

Obama is catering to a population that is increasingly getting used to having as much handed to them (or, taken care of for them) as they can get, and will adapt their lifestyle to accomodate that.....

Lets be honest, this forum is for trolls, rednecks, and gun owners :lol: The car people have gone into hiding (except for surfacing for track days lol)

Democrats have just about always catered to the lower classes.

P.s. A lot of Obama's votes would be gone if the republicans had a better choice... same as last election. The majority from what I see are settling... Its a shame really. Settling is something you do when buy a cheap shirt, not selecting your commander in chief.

I think Romney gets a bad rep due to all of the ridiculous hate commercials. "Romney doesn't pay taxes." Yeah let every dumbfuck in America believe that when most of the money he made is from Investments which go right back into the US Economy. The wealthy don't get Tax cuts, they just know the ways around the Tax system due to intelligence and research. Unfortunately most Americans don't, so they will continue to hate the wealthy and more intelligent Americans.

I think Romney gets a bad rep due to all of the ridiculous hate commercials. "Romney doesn't pay taxes." Yeah let every dumbfuck in America believe that when most of the money he made is from Investments which go right back into the US Economy. The wealthy don't get Tax cuts, they just know the ways around the Tax system due to intelligence and research. Unfortunately most Americans don't, so they will continue to hate the wealthy and more intelligent Americans.

bingo. Even if his income was 10 million and at 14% tax rate, he just paid $140K in taxes while half the country did not pay anything at all. Seems logical that the wealthy are evil and are evading taxes.

P.s. A lot of Obama's votes would be gone if the republicans had a better choice... same as last election. The majority from what I see are settling... Its a shame really. Settling is something you do when buy a cheap shirt, not selecting your commander in chief.

I agree with you. The fact is that Romney would be a good president, but he's run a poor campaign with terrible PR. I've heard that he's a great debater, so I'm hoping Romney does a great job communicating his plans to the public this week. I see it as his last opportunity to gain traction in this election campaign.

Obama has an amazing gift of getting people to like him - and he uses that to his advantage - very much like Bill Clinton. Unlike Clinton, Obama has been ineffectual as President: can't fix the economy, can't control foreign policy.

Blaming Congress is more accurate in tracing the problems we're having as a country today. It is what it is, and with business - as in life - timing is 90% of everything, I personally can't see Obama fixing anything in the next 4 years that he hasn't been able to take care of in the last 2-3 years.

Many of the global problems that affect us all (Iran/Israel tension, China economic drive, Russian power-struggle, European economic crisis, human rights violations in India, China, Africa) are out of control, and he's done a piss-poor job using the U.S. and his powers for positive change.

Personally, I'm done complaining about "the lesser of two evils". In history, good presidents have been military leaders, or successful in business. Obama is neither, Bush was neither, but Romney has something. It's enough for me to give him my vote.

I wish Herman Cain had stayed in the race. I liked his tax proposals as long as they did away with the loop holes. Romney acknowledges (sp?) the "%47" that dont pay taxes but like every other president, will not address it. It's pathetic all of the people who get more back from the fed, than they ever actually paid in taxes. I bennefitted this past year when my fiance' recieved a healthy check back from the fed that was much larger than what she could have ever paid on taxes. I liked having the extra, un-expected money, but was also pretty disgusted with the tax system.

the 47% thing is so sad.

if you listen to it, most of it is true. he talks about 47% of people relying on type of govt aid, (close to being a fact), and goes on to talk about personal accountability.

why is it wrong to talk about this sort of thing? i am not even in support of romney, but what is the taboo about being responsible for yourself with no government intervention? i am disgusted that politicians have to even cater toward these type of people who feel entitled to everything under the sun, just because they exist as part of this country.

the 47% thing is so sad.

if you listen to it, most of it is true. he talks about 47% of people relying on type of govt aid, (close to being a fact), and goes on to talk about personal accountability.

why is it wrong to talk about this sort of thing? i am not even in support of romney, but what is the taboo about being responsible for yourself with no government intervention? i am disgusted that politicians have to even cater toward these type of people who feel entitled to everything under the sun, just because they exist as part of this country.

Its wrong because he just made a lot of people that were not going to vote or vote for him set the date on their calender. Obama has lost a lot of his luster.. Now its a vote against Romney instead of a vote for Obama. Very dumb move. Outside of that the man can have his own views... But when you are running for president the media will take something like that and make you out to be Satin.

Out of that "47%" you include everything from veterans, to the handicapped along with the lazy low lifes. Cant mix them together in one pot and talk down to them if you plan to win this thing IMO.

Ummmmm

I agree with you. The fact is that Romney would be a good president, but he's run a poor campaign with terrible PR. I've heard that he's a great debater, so I'm hoping Romney does a great job communicating his plans to the public this week. I see it as his last opportunity to gain traction in this election campaign.

----- This guy is out of touch with the common folk, He also believes in one of the most rediuclous Faiths out there...... Magic Underwear come on. Based on his Prior Leadership experiance, I'd disagree with him being a good president. He wasn't a good Govenor

Obama has an amazing gift of getting people to like him - and he uses that to his advantage - very much like Bill Clinton. Unlike Clinton, Obama has been ineffectual as President: can't fix the economy, can't control foreign policy.

---- He started out with a bad economy and has turned it around quite a bit.... I'd call that fixing.

Blaming Congress is more accurate in tracing the problems we're having as a country today. It is what it is, and with business - as in life - timing is 90% of everything, I personally can't see Obama fixing anything in the next 4 years that he hasn't been able to take care of in the last 2-3 years.

--- Every President has done this. Nothing new.

Many of the global problems that affect us all (Iran/Israel tension, China economic drive, Russian power-struggle, European economic crisis, human rights violations in India, China, Africa) are out of control, and he's done a piss-poor job using the U.S. and his powers for positive change.

Personally, I'm done complaining about "the lesser of two evils". In history, good presidents have been military leaders, or successful in business. Obama is neither, Bush was neither, but Romney has something. It's enough for me to give him my vote.

--- I'm still trying to figure out why it a lesser of 2 evils. Obama's done a ton.

the 47% thing is so sad.

Everyone throws this personal responsibility thing around, Let me pose this question. If your house caught fire wuold you call the fire department or use buckets to put it out by hand? I mean thats personal accountability. Things happen out side of ones control and if you get really sick in america you could lose everything you HAVE. I know because I lost everything I had.

Everyone throws this personal responsibility thing around, Let me pose this question. If your house caught fire wuold you call the fire department or use buckets to put it out by hand? I mean thats personal accountability. Things happen out side of ones control and if you get really sick in america you could lose everything you HAVE. I know because I lost everything I had.

did you post this from one of the 13 MILLION obama phones? LOL

The problem is all the public sees are the abusers. They highlight the ghetto cum dumpster with 8 kids instead of the Dad that used it for 3 months after being laid off. They show the trailor park meth addict instead of the person out working 2 jobs that still needs extra help to pay for daycare. We dont see the recently widowed house wife etc. etc. etc

The problem is all the public sees are the abusers. They highlight the ghetto cum dumpster with 8 kids instead of the Dad that used it for 3 months after being laid off. They show the trailor park meth addict instead of the person out working 2 jobs that still needs extra help to pay for daycare. We dont see the recently widowed house wife etc. etc. etc

Agreed, and the media plays it like conservatives dont want to help those who really need it. " Evil republicans with their dirty air and throwing grandma over the cliff."