Granite transformations.

Sam1647545489

my dad looked into having it done and it was cheaper just to get straight granite. i dont understand how they pitch it as being better. from what i saw, it fits over existing counters. which would make height differences at your stove, etc. its not that hard to rip out existing counters and new granite they just put some liquid nails down and set it into place.

check out stone city LLC. they're over by the budweiser factory. had my whole kitchen done for like $1700 installed with an undermount SS sink.. i think i had around 33-34 sq/ft? maybe a little more w/ the backsplash? and they were only at my house for like an hour installing it, and that included cutting the backsplash to length in my front yard.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1191710&postcount=34

I looked into it when we did out counters. That stuff is thin like a laminate, and as expensive as granite. You may want to look into quartz, same price and durability as granite, but you never have to seal it, and contaminates don't absorb into it, just a thought. Oh.... we did the quartz.

Family friends did an Granite Overlay. It was ~ 1/2" thick. The front edge was ~ 1" thick to give the illusion of a full slab. It looked good. I would not have known had they not told us.

I do not know of the cost though...

KillJoy

PS - Why not a concrete counter top???

Did 70 sq ft of granite in my kitchen at stone city for a fraction of cost transformations wanted. And stone city is solid granite, they usually will negotiate free removal, and a free under mount sink

Theyll discount if you install too. I needed a 4x3' piece for my island, and they wanted to charge me full price, and i told them id be picking it up and taking home myself. She dropped it from like $550 to $400, and had it done in a few days.

Sam,

I have granite transformation counter tops in my kitchen, and there is quite a bit of counter top area. The advantage to these counter tops is that they are heat, stain, and scratch resistant, and you never have to seal them. They did my hall bathroom too; the vanity top and the shower.

If you want to stop by sometime to see my kitchen and bathroom, let me know.

Family friends did an Granite Overlay. It was ~ 1/2" thick. The front edge was ~ 1" thick to give the illusion of a full slab. It looked good. I would not have known had they not told us.

I do not know of the cost though...

KillJoy

PS - Why not a concrete counter top???

I wanna do all my bathroom and kitchen in the same.

Sam,

I have granite transformation counter tops in my kitchen, and there is quite a bit of counter top area. The advantage to these counter tops is that they are heat, stain, and scratch resistant, and you never have to seal them. They did my hall bathroom too; the vanity top and the shower.

If you want to stop by sometime to see my kitchen and bathroom, let me know.

I might have to swing by sometime again. How much sqft did you have. I am almost 350 sqft with bathrooms and kitchen so I am thinking true granite is gonna be out seeing as I had prices from 50$-80$ sqft installed.

350 sq/ft!?!?!? im not calling you a liar, but are you sure you measured that right? thats like the entire area of my 1/2 basement.

with that much, you might have a hard time finding enough that matches. you can probably find the same kind of granite, but stone mart (which most places i checked got their stones from) only carrys like 4-6 slabs in each cut. they had like 8 different lots of the stone i wanted, but all had different look to them from being cut from a different section. the grains in the granite were huge differences.

Marble and Granite works is installing quartz in our house next week. Although not installed yet, I have been very happy with their service (came out and spent 3 hours measuring the day after we went in) and communication. They also did the granite in my parents house and it looks excellent.

350 sq/ft!?!?!? im not calling you a liar, but are you sure you measured that right? thats like the entire area of my 1/2 basement.

with that much, you might have a hard time finding enough that matches. you can probably find the same kind of granite, but stone mart (which most places i checked got their stones from) only carrys like 4-6 slabs in each cut. they had like 8 different lots of the stone i wanted, but all had different look to them from being cut from a different section. the grains in the granite were huge differences.

havent you ever heard of the bunny mansion... :fuckyeah:

havent you ever heard of the bunny mansion... :fuckyeah:

look at my post towards the top. look at the granite there, and multiply that by 10-11. thats a fucking shit ton of granite. but no, i've not seen the house (and frankly, im surprised you have with what ive seen about how bad your wife has your nuts in a jar)...i guess anything is possible, that just sounds like a stupid large amount of granite.

look at my post towards the top. look at the granite there, and multiply that by 10-11.

Not a knock or anything, but we think our kitchen is kind of small and we have double the countertop that you do. A bigger kitchen + large island + multiple bathrooms. I believe it

Marble and Granite works is installing quartz in our house next week. Although not installed yet, I have been very happy with their service (came out and spent 3 hours measuring the day after we went in) and communication. They also did the granite in my parents house and it looks excellent.

Sqft and price for the quartz?

I wanna do all my bathroom and kitchen in the same.

I might have to swing by sometime again. How much sqft did you have. I am almost 350 sqft with bathrooms and kitchen so I am thinking true granite is gonna be out seeing as I had prices from 50$-80$ sqft installed.

I don't remember the sq ft. Pretty sure it's nowhere close to 350 though. They will do a free estimate and bring out a shit ton of samples for you to look through.