Need advice fighting tow company

phil

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you fuck the cops girlfriend or something?

LOL.

Man, I wish I found this thread earlier, because I fucking HATE towing companies. They hire the backwoods fucked up rejects who cant make a honest living as a cab driver.

Phil - you owed them a DEBT to get your car back, thus, you should of paid back in PENNIES as it is legal tender in all DEBTS tended to a creditor, public and PRIVATE. The towing company is the creditor in this case as they towed your car in advance, as a credit, to your misfortune.

To anyone doubting the ability to use coins like this, it has been 100% legal since the Coinage act of 1965

I may have missed it but if you paid with credit, cancel the charge, and then go back and make them count a few thousand pennies. Fuck those cunts.

phil, one thing to be careful with is if chase has an immediate termination policy if you have firearms without permit on their property or something similar. I hope that you haven't been street racing with a loaded gun with no permit in the car, its an easy way to make 5 years go bye bye in certain states. I'm not familiar with Ohio laws, Im just shooting out ideas.

LOL.

Man, I wish I found this thread earlier, because I fucking HATE towing companies. They hire the backwoods fucked up rejects who cant make a honest living as a cab driver.

Phil - you owed them a DEBT to get your car back, thus, you should of paid back in PENNIES as it is legal tender in all DEBTS tended to a creditor, public and PRIVATE. The towing company is the creditor in this case as they towed your car in advance, as a credit, to your misfortune.

To anyone doubting the ability to use coins like this, it has been 100% legal since the Coinage act of 1965

I may have missed it but if you paid with credit, cancel the charge, and then go back and make them count a few thousand pennies. Fuck those cunts.

unfortunately, this is wrong. coinage is legal tender to pay to a public debt, but a private business can refuse your $100 bill and say they want payment only via rolled dimes, or vice versa. trust me, i looked into this heavily not long ago when i got a bullshit ticket. i ended up taking almost 65lbs of rolled pennies to the clerk of courts to pay the ticket. they were pissed, i lol'd. they had to take it though as they were government and not private. i wouldve unrolled them all, but i didnt have a full day off work to sit there while they counted 11,000 pennies. the ticket was $110, i asked them for an extension to pay because i had to order the pennies from my bank...they charged me an extra $10 for the extension...took them in, each roll had my name/address on them (albeit in the smallest font i could print). i paid the ticket with all pennies and the $10 late fee in cash (since i did ask for that)

it took me a minute to find it (because i had to go through my facebook from MONTHS ago when i did this) but here ya go...

"According to the Coinage Act of 1965, specifically Section 31 U.S.C. 5103, entitled “Legal tender,” which states: “United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues.” Foreign gold or silver coins are not legal tender for debts.

Public Debts: This means that any existing public debt, charge, tax, or dues held in the US can be paid in any form of US legal tender. That includes coins, small bills, etc.Feel free to walk into any courthouse or treasury office and pay a parking ticket in pennies, pay your property taxes in coins and small bills, and dump a truck bed full of nickels in front of the IRS Headquarters building. It is all legal payment and must be accepted by officials.

Private Transactions: The legal tender law is a federal law and does not apply to private businesses, people, or organizations. These entities are able to make their own financial policies regarding the form of payment. This is why stores are able to refuse bills larger than $20 or similar monetary policies when performing transactions. This also only applies to existing debts, not the purchase of goods or services, which no federal law covers. Therefore, a store can refuse to sell you something if you walk in the store with a little red wagon full of pennies."

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/576173_10150791935124919_2008503739_n.jpg

This thread is exactly what not to do when you have a dispute with a towing company. If you really have a felony while having that loaded handgun in the car, you got off EASY with just letting the officer take it away - and you were also stupid as hell to even get the police involved.

<snip>

What exactly did you accomplish paying the fine in pennies? All you did was inconvenience someone, a person that had nothing to do with issuing the ticket, that happened to work at the clerk of court's office. Hell you inconvenienced yourself just as much. "Getting even" by "sticking it to the man" only applies when you stick it to the those responsible.

What exactly did you accomplish paying the fine in pennies? All you did was inconvenience someone, a person that had nothing to do with issuing the ticket, that happened to work at the clerk of court's office. Hell you inconvenienced yourself just as much. "Getting even" by "sticking it to the man" only applies when you stick it to the those responsible.

Look at you making sense.

:fa:

I assumed he was joking about being a felon

seeing how they didn't lock him up right then and there

So Phil, if you are indeed a felon and got away with that, you may want to go buy a lottery ticket, because you are beyond lucky to not be in pound-me-in-the-ass prison right now.

This thread is exactly what not to do when you have a dispute with a towing company. If you really have a felony while having that loaded handgun in the car, you got off EASY with just letting the officer take it away - and you were also stupid as hell to even get the police involved.

Ever heard the term "shit rolls downhill"? I didnt care who it was that was inconvenienced.

FIt was there from sat when I went to Nirk. I forgot it was in there.

If you forgot about a loaded firearm in a vehicle (nevermind the fact you carried illegally) I'm glad they took it from you. Geez. Nice control. :dumb:

Get of your high horse and get fucked. My lawyer will have a field day due to the fact that they removed a car from its place wrongfully. Then still charged me for illegally removing my car.

Apparently someone displaying common sense means they're "on a high horse". Lowell and roffel. Your attorney will have a field day explaining a loaded weapon you "forogot about" for however long being carried illegally as well, regardless of the actions taken to find it. Best of luck.

These kind of posts from the rightous cr members who have never ever done anything wrong. Ever.

I, as others, have done many things wrong. The difference is:

1) We don't call the police when we're the idiot carrying firearms illegally.

2) We don't lol in the cops face once we realize how big of a fool we are.

3) We don't post about it on CR for the world to see how big of an idiot we are.

I mess up all the time. What I don't do is go, "Oh, sorry officer. Just ignore my illegally carried pistol. I forgot it was in there loaded so it's ok. I'm a fully responsible adult."

You went from being fucked, to fucking yourself via several bonehead moves... Just sayin.

Bingo.

Bingo x2.

Whatever the case, I seriously wish you best of luck in getting some justice for the illegal tow at least.

Oh, and i retract my statement about calling the police. Handgun etc etc etc..

Same here.

Phil: "Hey guys, need some help here. Some guy at the bank just came out and told me I'm not allowed to leave and he punctured my tire and it's flat. What should I do?"

CR Member #1: "I'd hit that dude square in the face with a tire iron."

CR Member #2: "WTF that isn't cool! Why is some guy at the bank just randomly holding you hostage? I'd call the cops ASAP."

CR Member #3: "Yeah, dude, just call the cops. This shit sounds crazy."

Phil: "Okay, so I hit the guy with a tire iron and then I called the cops."

CR Collectively: "Whoa, crazy! Well, what happened next?"

Phil (4 hours later): "I got arrested."

CR Collectively: "WTF????"

Phil: "Yeah, it's messed up. The bank guy was mad because I had just robbed the bank. I was stuffing all the money into my car when he came out and flattened my tire. Motherfucker! So I jacked his ass up. The police showed up and told me that what I had done was considered 'illegal.' Whatever. Anyways, guys, things are cool now. Thanks for the advice - I appreciate it."

CR Collectively: O_o

Same here.

Phil: "Hey guys, need some help here. Some guy at the bank just came out and told me I'm not allowed to leave and he punctured my tire and it's flat. What should I do?"

CR Member #1: "I'd hit that dude square in the face with a tire iron."

CR Member #2: "WTF that isn't cool! Why is some guy at the bank just randomly holding you hostage? I'd call the cops ASAP."

CR Member #3: "Yeah, dude, just call the cops. This shit sounds crazy."

Phil: "Okay, so I hit the guy with a tire iron and then I called the cops."

CR Collectively: "Whoa, crazy! Well, what happened next?"

Phil (4 hours later): "I got arrested."

CR Collectively: "WTF????"

Phil: "Yeah, it's messed up. The bank guy was mad because I had just robbed the bank. I was stuffing all the money into my car when he came out and flattened my tire. Motherfucker! So I jacked his ass up. The police showed up and told me that what I had done was considered 'illegal.' Whatever. Anyways, guys, things are cool now. Thanks for the advice - I appreciate it."

CR Collectively: O_o

I had a great :lolguy: in the office

first of all i no longer work at chase.

secondly, i didnt call the cops. they did. i was on the phone w/ my lawyer after they denied my cc payment because my bank advised me not to sign the reciept after i explained the situation to them. the cop and i had a 30 min talk before he left the first time and he knew they were fucking me. he knew what they were doing, he was on my side with the whole situation. when he came back, and they went to " search" for my permit, he told me they had already found the gun. they just wanted him to see it. they were acting weird about it and acted suprised when they saw it. they broke into my car to move the permit from my dash to my floor. shamrock went through my car and found the gun and moved it from my drivers door to my passenger door where it could be seen. yes i have a gun, yes i am a felon, most of the time the gun isnt in the car it just so happens it was left after the nirk meet. shit happens get over it. if you have been out with me, you already know its on me, thats not a suprise to anyone like rocky said.

first of all i no longer work at chase.

secondly, i didnt call the cops. they did. i was on the phone w/ my lawyer after they denied my cc payment because my bank advised me not to sign the reciept after i explained the situation to them. the cop and i had a 30 min talk before he left the first time and he knew they were fucking me. he knew what they were doing, he was on my side with the whole situation. when he came back, and they went to " search" for my permit, he told me they had already found the gun. they just wanted him to see it. they were acting weird about it and acted suprised when they saw it. they broke into my car to move the permit from my dash to my floor. shamrock went through my car and found the gun and moved it from my drivers door to my passenger door where it could be seen. yes i have a gun, yes i am a felon, most of the time the gun isnt in the car it just so happens it was left after the nirk meet. shit happens get over it. if you have been out with me, you already know its on me, thats not a suprise to anyone like rocky said.

I can't speak for anyone else, but no judgment here (and I think you know that). I was only having a bit of fun over the situation, which just sounds completely comical in certain respects. Overall, though it sounds like it ended a lot better than what it could have.

Shamrock: 1

Phil: Net of 0 (-1 vs. Shamrock, +1 from CPD and not catching a case)

No judgement, but sincerely curious:

Why do you take the risk of carrying a gun as a felon, knowing you could see serious jail time (you are SERIOUSLY lucky you found a nice/polite cop, and I am sure it also goes to you being polite and respectful to him, had you not been, I surely wouldnt be talking to you right now)

Do you live in a really bad neighborhood? (i never got that indication)

Do you have a reason to fear for your life? (does someone in particular have a reason to hurt you?)

Do you hang with/often around nefarious characters? (in which case maybe should question who you associate with)

Do you put yourself in situations where you need to protect your life? (again, if htis is the case maybe you should question the things you do).

I'm just purely curious here. Im not a felon and i dont feel the need to carry a gun, even at big car meets/getting in arguments/etc... I have never felt in such fear of my life that I would need a gun. I will say that protection at my home in case of home invasion/robbery is where I would have a gun (but thats a shotgun, not a hand gun).

There's the argument for a CCW, and maybe you use a lot of those arguments, but the difference here is you do not legally comply, and you have a placed a HUGE burden/risk on yourself by having a weapon. And unless you have a SERIOUS need and REALISTIC fear for your life, I just dont know why you need a gun... Again, not being judgemental, honestly curious, and hoping that maybe you will have a second thought to your statement of "anyone who knows me, knows its always on me".

I know your thinking about going after shamrock for what they did and I don't fault you for that. Just some food for thought though, what happens if the whole gun thing is brought up in court? My thought is that the judge may frown upon that. Maybe you could possibly catch jail time idk. I'm not trying to be a Dick or anything, I am however somewhat a pessimist sometimes. Either way you choose to go, i wish you the best of luck.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

Do you live in a really bad neighborhood? (i never got that indication)

Do you have a reason to fear for your life? (does someone in particular have a reason to hurt you?)

Do you hang with/often around nefarious characters? (in which case maybe should question who you associate with)

Do you put yourself in situations where you need to protect your life? (again, if htis is the case maybe you should question the things you do).

Do you ask this same question to everyone who goes to get a ccw? I am curious, not everyone goes through or is put into any of the situations that you just described but yet they have their ccw just to have it.

i dont live in a bad neighborhood no. but i still wouldnt want to live somewhere unprotected. esp when i get voice mails from people like aj saying hes going to kick my door in and cave my face in..... ( :lol: ) i still have that vm til this day.... i do go to some sketchy places from time to time that require me to have said weapon, idk about most of you but some of the street racing ive seen can turn ugly quickly..I.E Cleveland meet last yr.sawmill meet this year when the kid tried to fite everyone, who was the person everyone called??? me. hell sometimes i just like to go shooting. i dont need anyones approval for what i do, im a grown man and id say im doing pretty well for myself at this point.

Here Phil, this one's for you

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp201/copperhead035/schnauzie-no.jpg