Need computer help!

Rice Eater

I have this Thing called FBI lock trogen or something that locked my laptop and I need help in getting it removed. I searched online for an answer and it pointed to a site, bleepingcomputer.com but the directions it gave me wouldn't work..it said to enter safe mode with networking and download a program to remove it but my computer wont let me go online in safe mode with networking..can someone give me some help?

Reinstalling windows will get rid of it for sure?

Akula, my laptop wont let me connect to the net in safe mode, should it?

A full reformat 98% of the time will I have seen some bad ones stay even after a reformat then you have to write 0 to the drive multiple time (7 iirc) for a 100% garuntee butI ahve only had to ever do this twice.

Safemode with networking is what you want. But then again, you are probably going to have to get the networking, working. Wireless might not work, dhcp might not work. Basically you need to click the link I provided. Follow the first link on how to create a bootable recovery usb device, and then you can fix it. Since you are on the Internet now, you seem to have access to a device that can help. Best advice, re-install windows. If you don't have your files backed up, you just learned a super valuable lesson on things like security updates, using microsoft products and having backups.

Ok, running the malwarebytes right now. If this doesn't work and I have to reload windows, we talking about the recovery disk or can I do the reset to an earlier time thing? or someone explain what I need to do in idiots terms haha. I moved last summer and I cannot find the recovery disk, I'm sure I didn't Not make it, I have all the others. If I didn't make it, is it too late?

BTW thanks everyone for the help so far!

Ok, running the malwarebytes right now. If this doesn't work and I have to reload windows, we talking about the recovery disk or can I do the reset to an earlier time thing? or someone explain what I need to do in idiots terms haha. I moved last summer and I cannot find the recovery disk, I'm sure I didn't Not make it, I have all the others. If I didn't make it, is it too late?

BTW thanks everyone for the help so far!

Doing the restore to an earlier point will probably not work, but you're welcome to give it a try. Alot of times it will clean certain things up, but leave left overs that can cause headaches.

How old is this computer? What is the brand and model of it? Newer computers stopped coming with installtion CDs because people were copying them and selling them. Look up the recovery partition by searching "Model name recover" or something similar and that should get you into the recovery partition on boot up. Usually its f10 or f11 or something.

malwarebytes found it and said it removed it, it's restarting now.

its a toshiba laptop I bought like Feb of 2011, it didn't come with the disc, pretty sure it told me to make it like my desktops had..I can find them but not the one for the laptop. If the malwarebytes doesn't work, is it too late to make the disk, or there is a 1-800 number that came with the laptop that says I can buy a recovery disk from them at a "nominal fee".