Circuit of the Americas is READY!

Draco-REX

New Jersey is a 'no-go' Bernie said they didn't have their shit together to get on the schedule for next year.

I'm surprised F1techincal.net doesn't have anything about that.

It seems it's not just Bernie, but Vettel also who says it's not ready. The road surface is too rough and has way too much crown.

Now, I had a large dose of skepticism when I heard about a F1 track in New Jersey. But I had hopes when everyone was so confident. Now I wonder again. I mean, it's pretty easy to just look at a road and see it has a lot of crown. And even in a regular car you can get a good feel for how rough a road is. Didn't they have an idea of what they would need to do?

Or is this the pipe dream of a bunch of business men who have no idea about racing and think their big luxury SUVs are a good analog to a F1 racer? Did they look at Austin TX and say "Hey! They're doing that and getting press, we should too!"?:dumb:

Guess we'll see in 2014.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it has all the hallmarks of a good track. Challenging corners, big elevation changes, high speed link-able corners, and lots of grandstand space with great visibility. We'll see how it works out in practice, but I have high hopes. I don't think it'll be as popular as Suzuka, (Herman Tilka(sp?) Tracks don't flow quite so well) but I think it may become top-5 for the drivers. Just looking at the layout makes me want to drive it, which is not something I can say for some of the latest tracks to join the F1 circus.

Can't wait for November.