Will they total it?

russian rocket

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, its was I do everyday. I total cars all day....yay for me. lol

You work for Progressive right? I do CCU claims and a few of the totals I've seen are crazy. A brand new Mercedes R350 got totaled after hitting a pole, started out repairable but after a couple weeks the estimate was up to $28k.

Also saw a one or two year old Nissan Armada that got struck by lightning, and fried something in the electrical system. Body was easily repairable, but after 3 weeks of diagnostics the dealer said it would be nearly $20k in parts that they'd have to go through one by one before figuring out what was wrong.

Not butt hurt I just like to point out how fucking stupid you sound.

How was what I said stupid, I simply gave an explanation of my opinion before I gave the opinion. Let me go further with it though. Most of the stuff damaged didn't seem like terribly expensive stuff, I believe the body work would cost more than the parts to make it run again. Also when I made my original statement I had no idea that most insurance companies price the most expensive parts when they assess the car. I would think they would want to go with the cheapest parts possible for pricing, that way it would more than likely be cheaper to fix the car then to write a check for the value of the totaled car.

To the OP, good luck. Let us know how it goes.

You work for Progressive right? I do CCU claims and a few of the totals I've seen are crazy. A brand new Mercedes R350 got totaled after hitting a pole, started out repairable but after a couple weeks the estimate was up to $28k.

Also saw a one or two year old Nissan Armada that got struck by lightning, and fried something in the electrical system. Body was easily repairable, but after 3 weeks of diagnostics the dealer said it would be nearly $20k in parts that they'd have to go through one by one before figuring out what was wrong.

yes. and damages can add up fast when a car goes to a shop. Once you start taking parts off you always find more damage.

avenger - our estimates are the same whether the car totals or not. I am still required to write an acurate estimate.......

If it would cost the insurance more to repair it than the cars value, then it would be totaled. It doesn't quite look like it would be totaled to me, but you never know.

depending on insurance it can be if cost are more that 75% of the cars value they will total it.

probably not if they would have totaled it out the would have told you then and there.

i was kind of thinking the same but i wasnt there when he looked at my car, i was at work, i talked to him on the phone after he was done. he told me he wants it to go to a shop so that they can tear it down and see if there is more damage that he didnt see himself. i told him i would only want an audi dealer to work on it and the closest one is 45min away in ft wayne. after i said that he kinda changed gears and said maybe hold off on taking it to a shop until he gets a better understanding of the cars value.

Last time I bought one back it was 10%. I'm interested to hear a price they come up with to buy it out. Please let me know. IVRINGS@yahoo.com or the PMs here go to my phone. Good luck with everything. Keep a look out on out Byersauto.com for a car and I'll help with what I can.

i decided to not buy it back, they wanted 2k for it and it just wasnt worth it to me, i dont have the time and energy to part it out and i didnt want to dump any money into gettting it back on the road which would have been probably another 2k. so im taking the money and plan on buying an e55 amg next spring

the verdict is in......totaled.

Called it.

i decided to not buy it back, they wanted 2k for it and it just wasnt worth it to me, i dont have the time and energy to part it out and i didnt want to dump any money into gettting it back on the road which would have been probably another 2k. so im taking the money and plan on buying an e55 amg next spring

The fuck? You could have asked I GUARANTEE someone would have given you that or more for it!!

Called it.

The fuck? You could have asked I GUARANTEE someone would have given you that or more for it!!

just wasnt worth the hassle to me, i only had a day or two to give them my answer. overall the car was no gem, i only paid 5 for it. it had 145k on it. it had a couple of the common b5 s4 problems. plus the insurance let me remove my more expensive parts off it like the apr ecu and forge diverter valves so overall i was happy.