Rgreen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had any FTF with my kimbers

If you have strong wrists and know how to shoot you'll be fine

It's not a function of limp wristing.

The extractors and mags have problems. It's known, it's documented.

Is it a good gun? It's built well.

Would I have one on my hip? No

I have thousands of rounds through my 3" 1911 Kimber and haven't had any problems. First 200 rounds it had a couple issues ejecting the spent round, but after those break in rounds it's been flawless(spring break in). Mark has a 3" Kimber as well and he didn't even have break in issues with it. I think they are great guns for the money.

I'd say a Kimber is the Camaro of 1911's. There are better ones for more money and its arguable for like price units.

I had FTF issues with my first Kimber while using the factory mag. (Gun was also brand new)

Since changing mags I've never had it happen again. I have another factory mag that i use occasionally that never had that issue. So im not sure if it was a break in issue or what. I will note that with my custom TLE/RL II, I shoot far more accurately than I have with any other hand gun I've ever shot

Sorry, my limited first-hand knowledge...

I have been playing with a Kimber Model 82 and I am EXTREMELY impressed with it. 300-400 shots so far. Stupid accurate and the best way I can describe it is to compare it to a well made car. A cheap car door clunks or slams shut, while a quality door quietly clicks shut. That's the feeling after shooting other guns and then picking up a Kimber.

I will own more.

wilson combat mags. no more issues

Regardless, I don't buy a gun where I need to replace parts instantly for it to normally function. And that is why Kimber will never get my business. They realize the faults in the gun, they haven't done anything to fix it.

I bought my M&P and put 500 rounds through it before even stripping. No FTF, FTE...etc.

To this date, I have never had a malfunction.

Call me a fanboy, but if I get a .45 it will be another M&P

Kimber service and warranty work is questionable from what I have read. Hit or miss I guess. Springfield Armory have always been helpful and a limited lifetime guarantee to boot. The sig ultra 3 inch 1911 is really nice. I had one in my hand last week. It almost went home with me. I have only put around 250 rounds thru my TRP but so far it has been great and very accurate.