10/16 debate

Green Bastard

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where we can help out families all over the US.

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811552.pdf

Forget guns, lets find a better way to prevent idiots from getting drivers licenses. Thats a multi ton weapon that we allow people to drive with very minimal testing.

you can't put a person's seatbelt on for them :(

Unless you're a soldier or work in law enforcement or security, why on earth would you NEED an ak47? The zombie apocalypse won't end faster if you're using a fully automatic weapon or not, and out side of "heh that was cool" with using something like an AK47, why would you need one?

AK47s that are imported to the US are not fully automatic. The are semi-automatic, one pull of the trigger, one shot. Fully auto guns are illegal to own unless they are made prior to 1986 and you have to have quiet a bit of $$$ and jump through a few hoops for the BATF to get one.

If you are talkin gabout Semi-Auto assult rifles or any other pseudo-military semiautomatic rifle, here is my answer.

Why do I need one?

- No. 1 reason is for it's defensive role for use to protect my family and property. It is easy to use, it is accurate, and it is very reliable. I can give many more reasons why it is perfect for defending your family and home. And don't tell me that I will shoot my neighbors with it. That is a morons response. Use the right bullet and you wouldn't have that problem. Speer 115-grain 9mm Gold Dot JHP will penetrate more sheets of dry wall than Winchester Ranger 64-grain Power-Point in .223.

- Another reason, pure enjoyment. I enjoy shooting as a sport

Here is a question for you. Why do I have to explain their ownership?

Same aspect as saying, any car/vehicle over 400 horsepower should be illegal. Unless you're Michael Schumacher or Mario Andretti, you can't have any vehicle over 400 horsepower.

The 2nd Amendment states, it is our RIGHT to Bear Arms. It's not a luxury, it is a given Right as an American. Banning firearms infringes upon that Right. As an owner of a few, gas operated, magazine fed, semi automatic rifles, this does infringe on my Right.

Amen!!! Enough said.

Just ordered an AK, make that two.

Coming from a country where no citizen can own gun, I saw what government can do its citizen. Do you want to wake up in the middle of the night with the sound of somebody braking down your door? Only to find out it was the police because they suspect your family member being a spy. And they took that family member away, no one know where they took him. Eight years later that family member return to be a different person, just a shell of his former self.

Why AK / assault weapons relevant? Because banning AK / assault weapons is a first step of the many steps of stripping away your right as an US citizens. What's next, any gun that can shoot more than once without reloading is too dangerous?

So I'm wondering how Romney supporters square the fact that his views were very similar to Obama's 5 years ago and even more draconian when he was Governor of Mass. How can you trust that his position won't change again once he is elected?

I really don't care about this issue and am surprised that it has gone 2 pages here, I really don't think anything is going to change in the gun control legislation in the next 4 years. Maybe when Hillary is elected in 2016.

I love how if someone says anything on this board supporting Obama that it takes 30 people to tell them how wron that person is. This board is very one sided and only looks at what's said in tv r the first 3 lines in the news paper. (Excluding Tim cause he knows more than 99% of the world)

If you look at what Obama and his admin has tried to do, you will clearly see that Romney will try and do the same things. The only difference is, when Obama tried to do these things, everything was voted down by congress. They had an agenda to get him out of the office from day one and it makes life difficult to get stuff approved when no matter what it is wil be voted down just to spite you. Ryan was put on blast by Biden multiple times (even if he was a smirking cunt the whole time). Obama took a Over an awful situation and to forget that is ignorant on anyone's part. Romney can promise you the world, but once he gets in there please don't think he is going to do much more than Obama. They don't make the decision. Both parties promise the world and end up showing you the truth once in office. Either way we are fucked because they are not looking out or us.

Good debate, will watch again.

Obama all the way, but as suspected I sided a little more with Romney on the assault rifle issue. Obama himself even said that an AR isn't anymore dangerous than a handgun. Then Romney came and said that the issue is automatic rifles which are already illegal so there is no problem. I'm not too worried about it, and you gun grabbing twats need to chill your boners. You fucks that run out there buying AR's in panic is just driving prices up, so knock that shit off.

I did like what Romney had to say about China and how they're keeping their currency values down and that he supposedly will put the smack down on them (probably not). I didn't know that was going on. But Obama is right, low skill jobs just aren't going to come back to the US, those are staying in China.

I love how if someone says anything on this board supporting Obama that it takes 30 people to tell them how wron that person is. This board is very one sided and only looks at what's said in tv r the first 3 lines in the news paper. (Excluding Tim cause he knows more than 99% of the world)

If you look at what Obama and his admin has tried to do, you will clearly see that Romney will try and do the same things. The only difference is, when Obama tried to do these things, everything was voted down by congress. They had an agenda to get him out of the office from day one and it makes life difficult to get stuff approved when no matter what it is wil be voted down just to spite you. Ryan was put on blast by Biden multiple times (even if he was a smirking cunt the whole time). Obama took a Over an awful situation and to forget that is ignorant on anyone's part. Romney can promise you the world, but once he gets in there please don't think he is going to do much more than Obama. They don't make the decision. Both parties promise the world and end up showing you the truth once in office. Either way we are fucked because they are not looking out or us.

Bingo. Take it from this guy...

I also think he might know a thing or two about a shit economy.

Good debate, will watch again.

Obama all the way, but as suspected I sided a little more with Romney on the assault rifle issue. Obama himself even said that an AR isn't anymore dangerous than a handgun. Then Romney came and said that the issue is automatic rifles which are already illegal so there is no problem. I'm not too worried about it, and you gun grabbing twats need to chill your boners. You fucks that run out there buying AR's in panic is just driving prices up, so knock that shit off.

I did like what Romney had to say about China and how they're keeping their currency values down and that he supposedly will put the smack down on them (probably not). I didn't know that was going on. But Obama is right, low skill jobs just aren't going to come back to the US, those are staying in China.

The promise that the US could compete with China on Labor was an astoundingly flagrant lie that Romney knew was untrue. China is now having a hard time competing with China on labor as median wages have increased 22%. Companies are already seeking the "next China" in anticipation of the continued upward trend.

The only way we can compete with China on labor is to further reduce wages. Interestingly, this is exactly what the Koch brothers want to do, free markets for all!

Obama could have got a lot of things done when he first took office. He had the majority.

Instead of working across the aisle, he used the majority to pass two of the biggest pieces of shit legislation ever. (Because they were still flawed even though they had good intentions)

Obamacare, and Dodd Frank

Then when the balance came back he wanted everyone to forget he threw those down our throats.

Why cant anyone else debate. I am confused is there a policy on this or something?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_on_Presidential_Debates

The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) began in 1987 by the Democratic and Republican parties to establish the way that presidential election debates are run between candidates for President of the United States. The Commission is a non-profit, 501©(3) corporation as defined by federal US tax laws,[1] whose debates are sponsored by private contributions from foundations and corporations.[2]

The CPD sponsors and produces debates for the United States presidential and vice presidential candidates and undertakes research and educational activities relating to the debates. The organization, which is a nonprofit corporation controlled by the Democratic and Republican parties, has run each of the presidential debates held since 1988

However, later the article mentions the 15% polling in five national polls rule. But still... it's essentially a private club they created for themselves and no one else.

Ill vote for the candidate that bans political opinion on twitter.

To even have the notion that a certain group of people would riot if "their" president isn't re-elected just makes me sick.

No one has touched my soft spot... Legalizing weed and lowering gas prices... If someone said that, I'd vote for them rite meow