Mr. Tire-Pickerington-THUMBS DOWN

Zeppelin

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but just wanted to pass on my experience.

Went there for an oil change for my daughter's jeep. Mainly because they had a coupon for an oil change, lube, and tire rotation for $21.95, and I felt too lazy to do it myself. Well, of course, the first thing I got was a call about several things that they said needed replaced on the jeep. 3 out of 4 of the ball joints, and the front pinion seal. They could get right on it, of course, and the things were so bad they wouldn't drive the vehicle without replacing them. Told them to just do the oil change for now.

Picked the jeep up, and brought it home. Jacked it up to check the ball joints and pinion seal myself. Pinion seal was leaking a little, and there WAS a little play in the ball joints. Nothing like what they were saying, but I am getting them replaced. And for $350 less than their estimate to do it.

But here's my main beef. While I was under the car, I noticed, while checking the ball joints, that they did not grease ANYTHING. Upper ball joints have fittings, as do some other front steering parts. None were touched. Also, they did not rotate the tires. There was no evidence on any of the lug nuts that they had been removed. Then there was the oil plug. I noticed a drip of oil coming from the oil plug. I got a box wrench and, no shit, the oil plug was only snugged hand tight. I got a full turn out of the oil plug to tighten it up properly.

Lesson learned. Definitely a shop to steer clear of.

• Upvote 1

I've delt with them on a negative note as well for a "free" tire plug with a coupon. I dropped the wheel/tire off, off the vehicle, and they said it would be an hour. 1.5 hrs later I stopped by to pick it up, it was still sitting in the waiting area where I left it, not even touched. I told them I understood if they didn't have time since it was a free plug, I'd go elsewhere. They got defensive and said "we're doing you a favor for free." I picked it up untouched and took it across the street and Firestone plugged it for free in 10 mins, I've done other business with Firestone and told them I won't be going back to Mr. Tire even if it is free.

I've delt with them on a negative note as well for a "free" tire plug with a coupon. I dropped the wheel/tire off, off the vehicle, and they said it would be an hour. 1.5 hrs later I stopped by to pick it up, it was still sitting in the waiting area where I left it, not even touched. I told them I understood if they didn't have time since it was a free plug, I'd go elsewhere. They got defensive and said "we're doing you a favor for free." I picked it up untouched and took it across the street and Firestone plugged it for free in 10 mins, I've done other business with Firestone and told them I won't be going back to Mr. Tire even if it is free.

That's pretty bad when they can't even give away services.