Parking Ticket ... Help

sol740

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it is different. It's cheap as fuck, I mean it i've never had cops mess with me because of no front plate, they like don't care, not worth there time. While parked is an easy/cheap-ass move, just see a car parked, write a ticket, go on there way. Cheap shit that IMO makes Columbus look bad.

I disagree. I'll never front-plate a sports car, detracts significantly from the beauty of the vehicle.

^^ it's still just a fucking car. no one walks by and says it's fugly because it has a plate on the front. but I guess this is CR where if a super model is wearing an ugly shirt, most here would just scoff and not tap it. :rolleyes:

It's on a public street. It's no different

agree.

She said as long as you put the front plate in the windshield when you park, they don't care. But when they have to go to the rear of the vehicle to read the plate is when they ticket.

I know several people that live near downtown/shortnorth, they ALL do this and never get ticketed...

Did your car have a front plate on it? Is there a law in the state you live in to have a front plate?

If you answered no to the first question and yes to the second, pay the damn fine.

I never stated my guilt or innocence nor will I, just that I was ticketed, and I'm going to fight it. The effort will likely be minimal. I did ask whether or not pictures of your car are taken as evidence of the crime.

Also drawing a tenuous comparison between murder, or even DUI, to front plate violations is beyond stupid. Laws are not right, by virtue of being law alone. Next time you receive a ticket by all means do not explore your options.

Yeah, it is different. It's cheap as fuck, I mean it i've never had cops mess with me because of no front plate, they like don't care, not worth there time. While parked is an easy/cheap-ass move, just see a car parked, write a ticket, go on there way. Cheap shit that IMO makes Columbus look bad.

Every city with parking enforcement does it

No offense, I like the car, but it's just a Vette. If it was something truly exotic perhaps.

Wasn't necc. referencing the Vet, just saying sports coupes usually have that aggressive "Im mean/badass" look in the front. Nothing ruins that look more then an obnoxiously placed license plate, or worse some bulky aftermarket mounting bracket...ugly

i got stopped in BFE pickaway county for a front plate and he sent me to court over it, wore a suit and all and walked in with everyone wearing shorts at the mayors court. Showed pics of it on my car with the date and time after the ticket, explained why I didn't have a plate previously and it got thrown out. Went home and took it off

Wasn't necc. referencing the Vet, just saying sports coupes usually have that aggressive "Im mean/badass" look in the front. Nothing ruins that look more then an obnoxiously placed license plate, or worse some bulky aftermarket mounting bracket...ugly

I'm not saying I don't see the point but IMO, it doesn't ruin the appearance. Again, supermodels look better naked but having an ugly shirt doesn't change the reality of what they are. Just put a tinted plate cover on it to tone it down. I've used them since I started driving and put over 30k miles yr on my cars for work across a number of states and have yet to have a tinted cover even cause me a conversation regardless of the law.

IMO What looks 10x worse is when people use the tow hook thing...:dumb: Usually on a goofy angle or location.

Kay, but WTF does a front plate have to do with parking? Nothing. It's a cheap-ass move.

YOU ARE ON A PUBLIC STREET. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE PROPER EQUIPMENT TO BE ON A PUBLIC STREET

It's a cheap-ass move.

There's irony in the cheap-ass part of that statement. In reality nothing is happening to the owner, it's something the owner is bringing upon themselves.

In answer to the OP, I doubt they take pics but your car is likely on camera somewhere if someone were to really want to push the issue. That won't happen. Court costs alone will likely be over $100 so in the end it's likely better for you to just pay the fine. Your call.

IMO just put a front plate on it. It's just a car not a priceless work of art.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/mcwilliams1/97DB8AFA-39E4-4CA1-AB23-25624DBE8127-1133-000001694C3E3CBF.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/mcwilliams1/97DB8AFA-39E4-4CA1-AB23-25624DBE8127-1133-000001694C3E3CBF.jpg

No garages in the short north.

Parking in the short north in is fucking horrible in general. My rage face comes out when I try to park down there. Very poor city planning and I can imagine almost no thought put into the parking situation down there.

I kind of get the parking permit areas in the short north, but they need to make more public parking close to the area. Grandview on the other hand, is out of control. I went down there for some festival, probably their busiest day of the year. And I walked a few blocks past way too many open spots in permit areas.

^^ it's still just a fucking car. no one walks by and says it's fugly because it has a plate on the front. but I guess this is CR where if a super model is wearing an ugly shirt, most here would just scoff and not tap it. :rolleyes:

I find that fucking models in ugly shirts helps ease the pain of being ticketed for not having a front plate.

I choose not to run a front plate. And I don't complain when I get ticketed for it. I broke the law and there are penalties for breaking the law. The end.

Sure, ticketing someone for not having a front plate when they are parked is likely not the best use of a ticket, and I can see where people might take issue with it. Still, in the end, the law is the law.

Similarly, fighting a ticket for no front plate when you didn't have a front plate is likely not the best use of time or the legal system. However, our legal system is predicated on several principles, including innocence until proven guilty. Want your day in court? You get it. Good luck. Personally, I just pay the ticket, acknowledge the penalties I pay for disobedience, and move on.

I broke the law and there are penalties for breaking the law. The end.

True, but what is the intention/reasoning behind the law? Is our government applying the law based on said reasoning? In this case (parked car) I doubt it. They (City Of Columbus) are just trying to make a quick dollar, to be honest the City (at least City cops) aren't usually cheap like that. There's the letter of the law, then there's the law itself.