Parking Ticket ... Help

sol740

So I received a parking ticket downtown at a meter that I had paid for, for several hours. As I'm walking out to re-up the meter I see the ticket on my car. It's for not displaying my front plate, as there was plenty of time on the meter left.

Question, do the meter douchebags take pictures of your car?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only reason none of my hard earned money is ever spent in the short north or campus area, because of this practice. I get issuing a ticket for not paying at a meter, but everything else is bs. My friend got bent over in the short north (pun intended) he had a broken tail light, no front plate, cracked windshield and something else and was written for all of them all while his meter was legit. SMH

I live in Westerville, I now have no reason to patron anything down there if every time I park here it will cost me $50. Nothing there that I can't accomplish at Easton or Polaris. The city keeps investing money down here to try to entice spending, but many friends of mine just refuse anymore. Maybe if the city stopped this shit more people would come downtown.

Learned my lesson the hard way. Went to court for a missing front license plate ticket on the truck and I parked my Caddy at a parking meter. Got the one for the truck dismissed and found another on the Caddy. Next time you are in downtown, choose a parking garage.

Only reason none of my hard earned money is ever spent in the short north or campus area, because of this practice. I get issuing a ticket for not paying at a meter, but everything else is bs. My friend got bent over in the short north (pun intended) he had a broken tail light, no front plate, cracked windshield and something else and was written for all of them all while his meter was legit. SMH

I live in Westerville, I now have no reason to patron anything down there if every time I park here it will cost me $50. Nothing there that I can't accomplish at Easton or Polaris. The city keeps investing money down here to try to entice spending, but many friends of mine just refuse anymore. Maybe if the city stopped this shit more people would come downtown.

Have equipment violations, blame city for tickets :dumb:

A failure to display for a meter ticket is something you go fight in the court house, tell them that you've rectified the situation (by showing them you now have a front plate on your car) and then you're free to go home and remove said plate.

If you don't want to drill into your bumper, consider installing a hide-away front plate underneath the bumper. I have a number of customers who use these:

If that's not your cup of tea, use some 2 sided tape, or some tacky putty...I'm not sure how that'll affect your paint, if at all.

At least you have a way to get out of your ticket. I've got to pay $50 for parking in a cab zone last night :fuuuu:

I'm going to fight this and try to waste someones time (and my own), get something for my $45.00, maybe even get lucky. I was told on the phone too bad, so sad, but that I could file a formal complaint online, and request a hearing. I'll call my lawyer and get his advice. He's a friend, so advice is free :)

I parked downtown to take some photos one night. Meter had 30 min on it from previous car. So I walked to the bridge, took my photos, and came back to a ticket on my car. Had 10 minutes left, I was pissed. Opened it up, expired meter. WTF. I find the cop handing out tickets and ask her wtf I got a ticket for expired meter?? She said actually it was for no front plate. I said ok? So you made a mistake writing the ticket, I will see you in court when I go to fight it. She took the ticket and put it in her pile of other tickets to be canceled.

She said as long as you put the front plate in the windshield when you park, they don't care. But when they have to go to the rear of the vehicle to read the plate is when they ticket.

I don't run front plates on my wife's or my jeep. No holes drilled, not drilling them. I'll take the punishment for it.

Mayor Coleman shouldn't cry that downtown needs to be nicer and want us to come spend $4 a gallon gas to come down to a shit hole and spend $ and while I'm there fork over $50 for no front plate. I protest with my wallet.

I'll take the punishment if it's during a moving violation, not when I am parked. I don't get them while parked anymore because I don't park downtown anymore.

Learned my lesson the hard way. Went to court for a missing front license plate ticket on the truck and I parked my Caddy at a parking meter. Got the one for the truck dismissed and found another on the Caddy. Next time you are in downtown, choose a parking garage.

When? Did they produce a picture of your car sans plate?

I have read a few articles this summer about how the ticket Nazi's were running all the business away from the Short North and that a bunch of business's down there started throwing a fit to the city about it. Coleman said he was going to have them ease up on it but it does not seem that they have done so.

Fighting a DUI when you were drunk, Fighting a speeding ticket when speeding, Fighting a murder charge when you did the killin, these are also popular.

BINGO...

But judge, why did I get a no front plate ticket???????? UHH sir, you have no front plate. WEELLLL judge PLS.

I have read a few articles this summer about how the ticket Nazi's were running all the business away from the Short North and that a bunch of business's down there started throwing a fit to the city about it. Coleman said he was going to have them ease up on it but it does not seem that they have done so.

Businesses should complain. Many of us will not go anymore. I liked Macs in the short north too. Shame.