Value of an Old Truck

POS VETT

This is a 1959 Chevrolet Apache; it's 2wd, 6cyl, and manual transmission. As far as I can tell, it's a restored original. Undercarriage is sterile without a speck of rust; not even surface rust. The bed floor has nice, slightly weathered (not distressed) wood planks which can be refinished richer and darker stain.

There are minor things that need attention to make it perfect (other than the bed); namely weatherstrip replacement, mild paint correction (including fixing the paint on the front bumper), emblem and lighting detailing, and a few other small items. As far as I can tell, the body and the chassis are straight and glasses are perfect (no crack or pitting).

Does anyone know the value of such a truck ? Is $10k too much ? $5k ? $50k ?

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/2003BlackZ06/1959%20Chevy%20Apache/Photo0619.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/2003BlackZ06/1959%20Chevy%20Apache/Photo0620.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/2003BlackZ06/1959%20Chevy%20Apache/Photo0618.jpg

Edited by POS VETT

I wouldent take a dime less than 12000. There is a solid collectors market and the buyer ur looking for will pay 12 remember apache trucks are more rare than plan models same yr. Don't just sell to sell. That's a vehicle u profit from period. U should advertise in the classic car trader but also put it on collector sites. I bet you that a rust free 59 anything is very rare.

Find a good classic car apraiser and get that before u start to evan list it. Just the apraisel can add 1000 or more to the value. Check old barrett jacksons for apache trucks see what they sell for there. Realistic I think 12000 is right on unless its got some prety rare options

10-12k Looks like it was completely restored at one time. These trucks are in demand. I would love to own it. If it had an auto tranny it would be a little more desirable to me at least. Not my favorite year but still nice. I would like to find mid 60's.

I guess I should clear up one thing, I'm trying to acquire the truck. I agree that there has to be an appraisal process as I have no clue how to put a value on such a vehicle. Currently, there are pieces of information that need to be checked and confirmed.

So far, I've gotten a way to decipher a VIN of a '59 Chevy and GMC truck but still looking for a way to verify number-matching. Also, I have very little idea how a stock '59 Apache 3100 looked like, in detail, when new; things like placement of the tail lights (e.g. is it the correct height ? About the same height as lights on the fleetside box ?), color scheme (e.g. was the "CHEVROLET" script on the tailgate body-colored or painted white like the pictures depicts ?), and a bunch of others. It will take only time, right ? :)

You need to find out the provenance of the truck; find out how original it is.

If it truly is original and in great shape, John Bruh is right on with $10-15k. If it's original but needs work, I'd say probably $7k.

If it's a hoopdie that's not really original and needs work, probably $3-4k.

Source: I had a '59 3200 Fleetside longbed that was in poor condition and had non-original motor and trans that I sold for $4000.