Thinking next week it's time to switch to the winter setup.

SpaceGhost

You realize Blizzaks are not just for snow right? They are a soft compound tire for cold temps and provide great cold temp dry traction.

I really don't understand buying a second set of A/S to use as your "winter" setup, I guess you like average traction in any condition and intend to spend money on average traction? Makes Cents. I change my own stuff for free, so I can switch back in an hour if we get an extended warm up. I think the warm weather is done though. Even through now to Turkey day.

Before i switch to AWD cars i use get snow tires religiously. So i know how much they are superior they are to A/S tires when in comes to stopping, going and turning in the snow and Ice. But in recent years our winters have been coming later and later and temps have been warmer so snow tires have less time to take use all of their attributes. Snow tires don't last as long as A/S tires driven on clear roads even when its 20 degrees. Currently i run Summer tires during the warmer months so i run a A/S tires with a good tread wear rating use that for my winter setup. I'll get the longest use out of that setup, while still being able to get around when we do actually get snow here. If i lived somewhere further up north where i would get more snowfall, i'd have a different opinion.

Not swapping winters til Thanksgiving on the tC.

I don't see why Columbus is so concerned about snow tires yet. The snow that's coming will be a mix and won't stick.

It's not like you get lake effect or feet upon feet overnight. When you see a system coming throw them on overnight.

Mine are on, when I got my summers off I was surprised to see some serious uneven wear on all of the tires. Wore through to the steel on the inside edge of one of the tires. But the middle and outside edges have much more rubber. Guess I need to take IPS up on a $50 alignment. I was told that the stock alignment was pretty bad from the factory. I guess they were right.