Sandy knocks over 3 trees and starts a fire.

RC K9

I can't wait for this Sandy BS to pass. Real hurricanes have neighborhoods disappear. Oh my god a tree fell down and there is water on the ground, the world is ending

+1. If I hear one more thing about this fucking pansy-ass hurricane, I'm going ballistic.

+1. If I hear one more thing about this fucking pansy-ass hurricane, I'm going ballistic.

hurricanes don;t usually hit the northeast this hard....the southeast is used to stuff like this and has buildings coded accordingly

would you, here in ohio, be prepared for (as an example) a magnitude 7 quake? how about real monsoon rains? how about a tidal wave?

was anyone in new orleans prepared for this or have the proper building code?

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc510/chrisj011/imagesqtbnANd9GcSQRA6fl1TE4MRRjXx5qS1ShQ6Aa_m3e2qgoJRUk4AInBoo8PD3vg.jpg

The world can also end tomorrow, shit happens.

Several of my dads family lived less then a mile from this, lost a house, got on a bus not knowing where you will end up, started over from scratch, and did fine without the dramatic hipster/gay weatherman crap of what is going on with Sandy.

I'm convinced that tv news stations are creating useless frenzy to generate views, sponsors, etc. Also because the storm hit areas that are have large populations of wealthy white home owners, the media will be flooded with sob stories. Let a redneck outside mobile lose their 3rd home in 20 years or a poor black guy and everyone just moves on like normal.

I'm convinced that tv news stations are creating useless frenzy to generate views, sponsors, etc. Also because the storm hit areas that are have large populations of wealthy white home owners, the media will be flooded with sob stories. Let a redneck outside mobile lose their 3rd home in 20 years or a poor black guy and everyone just moves on like normal.

LOLWUT?! Katrina was all OVER the news. For WEEKS none the less.

Have you ever spent time in the areas of NJ and NY that were hit by this storm? If you had, you wouldn't be saying the above.

big difference between 70% of the city was 10-14 feet under water, thousands were trapped in their homes, and large portions of towns outside of New Orleans were wipped away for good just like numerous times in Florida. It wasn't over hyped made for tv drama like what is happening for Sandy. Things are so bad in NY that they are still having their live tv shows

One good thing about the news being worried so much about Sandy is atleast there is a small break from the election BS

big difference between 70% of the city was 10-14 feet under water, thousands were trapped in their homes, and large portions of towns outside of New Orleans were wipped away for good just like numerous times in Florida. It wasn't over hyped made for tv drama like what is happening for Sandy. Things are so bad in NY that they are still having their live tv shows

1. New Orleans is/was a shit hole and needed to be wiped away NYC is not
  2. Financial Value/impact in every way associated with New Orleans is polar opposite of NYC
  3. The population of NYC is 8M vs. New Orleans < 500,000
  4. 47% :gabe: of New Orleans'ers were too dumb / poor to evacuate; New Yorkers are smart & got the fuck out; those that didn't are tough as nails.
  5. New Yorkers get shit done and make it happen thus TV rolls on; New Orleans'ers are professional victims & like Obama couldn't bail out a tub let alone their own asses in crisis.

I could go on.....

One good thing about the news being worried so much about Sandy is atleast there is a small break from the election BS

I'm shocked you didn't write 5 pages blaming Obama :)

Guess my parents are professional victims who rebuilt two homes in new orleans from the foundation up and still fly to their 1.2 million vacation home in hawaii on a regular basis.

FYI, retired military do fall under that 47% group you keep harping on.

Edited by 10phone2

I'm shocked you didn't write 5 pages blaming Obama :)

I could. ;) but hey, I'll give him credit for doing what he enjoys...writing checks to fix problems. At least Christie ® is doing his job and Obama is there to watch how it's done.

Guess my parents are professional victims who rebuilt two homes in new orleans from the foundation up and still fly to their 1.2 million vacation home in hawaii on a regular basis.
I don't have a problem with them living there but IMO they need to be self insured vs continually having insurance companies cover them and the rest of us picking up the tab for homes built in areas that shouldn't be built upon. Thankfully since Andrew some insurance companies have pulled out and many raised rates.

FYI, retired military do fall under that 47% group you keep harping on.
I use that percentage in jest for obvious reasons. In the end, regardless of the number, we all know who and the type of individuals that statement is targeting. Poorly said but his intent was towards those sponging off the system not who are getting what may be due to them.

You did mention a good point with Andrew. Something that was interesting was that some of the home owners in the affected area by Sandy are finding out they may have a 5-10k deductible for the damages now to their homes. My parents for example only have flood/hurricane insurance because they figured that by the time they paid for home owners insurance for 20 years, the money paid could have paid for their home 2-3 times over. The money instead is routed into a separate bank account for future home damages.

The money instead is routed into a separate bank account for future home damages.

So they have a $1.2M vacay home in Hawaii and keep rebuilding in NO? Why keep going back? Is there some reason they insist on throwing money into the ocean?

my dad and family is originally from there. One of the homes he bought for his mother before she passed away and the other is in the garden district as an investment property which was purchased after Katrina. Due to the flood insurance check he received the first time, it paid off the home, paid for the rebuild, and extra cash. Now if he decides to sell it then its 100% profit. It's nutty, but he is hell bent on keeping property down there since that is where he is from. He used conferences and interviews for jobs to pay for when he flies down there most the time. They were stationed in Hawaii for years and placed a bid for their 2nd home there without taking it serious. They were selected and ended up selling 1st home for profit and now keep the 2nd since they go back throughout the year. They bought the home when the market was way down, now the market keeps going up so they will likely never sell it unless they come up with some hair brain idea.

was anyone in new orleans prepared for this or have the proper building code?

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc510/chrisj011/imagesqtbnANd9GcSQRA6fl1TE4MRRjXx5qS1ShQ6Aa_m3e2qgoJRUk4AInBoo8PD3vg.jpg

The world can also end tomorrow, shit happens.

Several of my dads family lived less then a mile from this, lost a house, got on a bus not knowing where you will end up, started over from scratch, and did fine without the dramatic hipster/gay weatherman crap of what is going on with Sandy.

in the case of NO, it was a natural phenomenon that NO knew to expect since before the city was even built. Also their levies were subpar, as evidenced by their performance. I don't discount the fact that Katrina was also a huge occurence...

Stuff like this doesn't happen hard like this in the northeast of the USA. Yea there is sometimes heavy rain but hurricanes meeting cold fronts from Canada are a thing of rarity relative to hurricanes in the South/Southeast, which usually die down a lot by the time they reach Virginia/Delaware if they even make it that far

I don't believe the media is creating useless frenzy over it all...I mean they are covering all parts of NJ and NYC which are affected pretty evenly...I think they're estimating about 50billion worth of damage, compared to Katrina's 46.6billion

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/americas/united-states/121030/cost-sandy-cleanup-may-hit-50-billion

Now is that useless frenzy when the cold hard numbers tell the story in that light?

anyway, my grandma in Queens is doing fine, if you care at all. Both my brothers who live in NYC are ok, as well as the one in Philly. My uncles and aunts in Queens, BK, the Bronx and other close friends are also fine for the most part. Some have lost a lot but generally have their health even though some material things have been lost.

good for your dad's family coming out ayt...but I don't believe for a second they didn't experience the gay weatherman crap you're on about.....Never for a second. All you have to do is turn on a TV the second a hurricane or whatever other disaster is coming anywhere in the USA and within just a couple a minutes there is mention of Katrina....It'd be foolish to think otherwise

PS: Kanye is a fool who has no idea what he's talking about