reccomend me a sound dock.

evan9381

Last year for christmas, I wanted a sound dock that I could plug my iPod or phone into, and have on my kitchen counter. I wanted it to be a fairly small, decent sound, didn't have to be amazing but good enough to hear music. I got a Skullcandy "pipe" system. Was everything i was looking for, and i dont think my mom paid too much for it.

Well, even with all the good reviews I have heard of Skullcandy, not even a year later one speaker has been blown for about 3 months, and the other is breaking up and on its way out. Needless to say, im pissed. And she bought it somewhere online, probably ebay (it was still packaged like new), but no hopes for any return/warranty.

When my uncle was here a few months ago, he had what looked to be a pretty sweet jawbone system. It was portable (as was my skullcandy), REALLY good sound, fairly compact, maybe 2"x2"x6" or so, and had bluetooth connectivity. Id rarely use bluetooth, but i guess it would come in handy if I wanted to use Pandora thru my phone, but an audio cable would be fine. He said it retailed for somewhere around $200, but he got a sick discount through his work or something (post office) and got it closer to $100.

so what's something good, that's going to last me more than a year that this Skullcandy one has, good sound, and maybe around $100 or so. Its gonna sit on my kitchen counter 360 days out of the year so I don't want it to take up space. it might make the occasional trip out back so we can listen to music while at the fire pit or grilling out etc.

From the Skullcandy site.

Our Policy

If you broke them:

If your headphones broke because of something you did, like accidentally step on them or put them through the wash - we have your back! We will hook up with 50% of the current MSRP value in the form of a coupon code you can use on our website.

If it's a manufacturing defect:

If your headphones broke for no good reason, like sound suddenly stops coming out of one ear, then it may be a manufacturer defect. Tell us what happened and we will set you up with 100% of the current MSRP value in the form of a coupon code. Manufacturing defects generally appear within the first year of ownership.

http://www.skullcandy.com/warranty

good call on the warranty. Called today, talked to a real person (albeit after 7-8min on hold), guy told.me all products have a lifetime warranty, even though i got it as a gift and no idea where purchased from. Just gotta send it in and wait a few weeks. Easy enough. Thumbs up to skullcandy!

I bought a Altec Imt630 for my Ipod. I travel alot and work in the middle east 300 days out of the year.

My Altec has been great holds a charge for 7 hours, loud, and slim design that i put it my carry on for when i travel. I paid $100 dollars from Best Buy so that might be a route you'd like to go.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Fucking WIN.

Called skullcandy tonight to follow up on my warranty claim. guy said they sent out a warranty redemption number to me 11/14 (per USPS, they got it on 11/13). must've gotten into my junkmail, but oh well.

so he resends it to me, says i have a warranty redemption for $70.00

go to order a new dock, shits marked down from regular $69.95 to $24.95.

hmmm...i think to myself.

add 3 of them to the cart, $74.85, apply warranty redemption code, choose my shipping (free 7-10 day), total due? $4.85

jackpot!