Daycare

Rocky31186

As some of you know we had our first baby in september. My wife is going back to work in december, and we are searching for a sitter. Someone who does this at home, and has done this for awhile. We have interviewed a couple people.

Its hard to find someone you trust, so I'm hoping someones wife on here does it. Or someone on here can give me their sitters info.

Looking for pickerington #1 area.. Reyn, gahanna as #2...

For winter would be tuesday through friday, 7am-4pm. Summer would be monday through friday.

Thanks for any help.

Our sitter in Pickerington is awesome....amazing. But, she is maxed right now with just taking on our second baby, putting her at 4 kids under 3 years old. However, she may know of someone else in the area, so we will ask her. She has been doing this for a long time.

How much have you been quoted per day for rates? We pay $40/day for one kid and $60/day for two, and the sitter provides all of the food except formula and diapers. And she cooks a lot from scratch, no using a lot of processed food. Just curious what other rates you were finding.

That's pretty low. Check references and make sure they are pretty recent. My wife has been a nanny for several families and we also did it out of our home until we had our second. The last child she watched was about a year old and it was 200 for about 40 hours. The parents provided most of the food, diapers etc.

Also make sure the person is willing to provide their ss# so you can claim the costs on your taxes.

They are all on a website that shows their "resume". Background checks, etc.

Food is provided when he gets older (obviously needs milk now). We supply diapers and wipes.

It is a low weekly price. First place has been doing this for a few years. The 2nd lady we went to just started her business, but has worked in a daycare for 10 years.

All have references.

For us, it's not a matter of pricing. It's a matter of finding someone who is trusting, and will take care of our son. We do not like typical daycare businesses because they do not get near the attention they should. (through our research).

They are all on a website that shows their "resume". Background checks, etc.

Food is provided when he gets older (obviously needs milk now). We supply diapers and wipes.

It is a low weekly price. First place has been doing this for a few years. The 2nd lady we went to just started her business, but has worked in a daycare for 10 years.

All have references.

For us, it's not a matter of pricing. It's a matter of finding someone who is trusting, and will take care of our son. We do not like typical daycare businesses because they do not get near the attention they should. (through our research).

It's always a difficult search when trying to find someone you can trust. I will say that every place is different, but I've heard more than a few stories of at-home daycare not giving kids enough attention. One girl at work even dropped by unannounced to her babysitter one day and found her son strapped in his car seat in front of the tv. The lady claimed she only had him like that for a few min so she could use the bathroom, or something. We're sending ours to a larger daycare and they have been great. There's a limit to the adult:child ratio, women cannot watch their own children if they work there (prevents favoritism), they have web came you can log into from anywhere and see the room, and they have a curriculum for every age group. I do wish it was cheaper though...

I know every setup has its horror stories, but I wouldn't discount a large place vs. an at-home operation immediately. It's whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Man too bad you aren't looking for downtown, my wife is starting a daycare out of our house. We've got the llc all set up and everything. Shes got a bachelors in early childhood education and has worked as a nanny for numerous families in Bexley. Shes got a curriculum and organic baby foods.