What's wrong with my computer? Youtube won't work, says...

Bam

There are lots of potential problems that can cause this and even multiple solutions for the same problem. F5 or hitting the back and forward keys on the browser might fix a momentary hiccup in the process or a spike in your wireless LAN. However, if the symptom is more persistent, try this:

Internet Explorer 6:

→ Tools → Internet Options

→ Delete Cookies → OK

→ Delete Files → OK

→ Clear History → Yes

→ OK

Internet Explorer 7:

→ Tools → Internet Options > Delete...

→ Delete files → Yes

→ Delete cookies → OK

→ Delete history → OK

→ Close (browsing history window)

→ OK

Then reboot.

There are lots of potential problems that can cause this and even multiple solutions for the same problem. F5 or hitting the back and forward keys on the browser might fix a momentary hiccup in the process or a spike in your wireless LAN. However, if the symptom is more persistent, try this:

Internet Explorer 6:

→ Tools → Internet Options

→ Delete Cookies → OK

→ Delete Files → OK

→ Clear History → Yes

→ OK

Internet Explorer 7:

→ Tools → Internet Options > Delete...

→ Delete files → Yes

→ Delete cookies → OK

→ Delete history → OK

→ Close (browsing history window)

→ OK

Then reboot.

Where did you get this information?

IE 6 and 7 are several years old. and microsoft pretty much forces you to upgrade every version. What i'm trying to say is he probably isn't using either of those versions.

Also,

http://cdn.churchm.ag/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/f5-so-refreshing.jpg

Where did you get this information?

IE 6 and 7 are several years old. and microsoft pretty much forces you to upgrade every version. What i'm trying to say is he probably isn't using either of those versions.

Also,

http://cdn.churchm.ag/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/f5-so-refreshing.jpg

You're right, 6 and 7 are older, but it's surprising how many people are still using them. I had the same problem with embedded videos with IE9 and the same procedure fixed it, whereas F5 did not.

When I was having the same problem with embedded videos which either didn't play or played very slowly, I Googled for help, used the above process to clear the cache, and it's worked fine for me since.

So, I guess it's Google Fu. :)

Still Impressed.

:fuckyeah:

I do have WOW.....

F5 does nothing....

Docs steps did nothing either...

Thanks for the ideas guys.

FML....maybe I need to seek out another cable/internet provider. Any ideas? I'm currently paying $80/month for 2 hd dvr boxes and internet so around there would be nice.

We have WOW, and had this issue on my wife's laptop a couple weeks ago. Laptop is running Windows 7, and Firefox. YouTube didn't work. She switched to Crome, and not a problem since then. My laptop still running XP and Firefox also doesn't have any issues on YouTube.