Supercharge and LT's on the C5Z or get a C6Z?

DTM Brian

my vette has 5500 miles in nearly 3 years of ownership. its on the battery tender every time i park it---never had a dead battery even with the mild to wild switch. never had a fob issue

I think the battery tender is the key- my dad also has mild 2 wild and only 5000 miles or so on his in 5 years of ownership- 08 he got in dec of 07 and knock on wood no issues yet...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian, first off, yes you DO want a '13 GT500.

Secondly, C6Z. It'll do everything better, and rattle/squeak less. When is the C7 hitting the market? The new engine is rumored to feature DI, which is a good thing. (If GM can do it right).

c7 comes out January- It will have Direct Injection and 450 hp 450 ft-lbs of torque... also has variable displacement and will switch to a 4 cylinder off load...IIRC it is 6.2 L. New heads but still ohv. There are only two parts interchangeable with the c6- one being the targa top rear latch and I forget the other...

fwiw I have 33K miles on my 03z and no rattles. My dad's 08 had an annoying squeak/rattle from day one on the removable top... a few c spring clips from a genius corvette forum member fixed that otherwise it would still be annoying to this day. My father in law had an 06 c6 with headers/catback and it vibrated/rattled so badly it was unbelievable. If I were to trade my car for anything else it would be a lotus elise- def not a c6.

If I did something practical it would be an 09-now cts-v sedan, 335 twin turbo sedan BMW, or an evo as I am wanting 4 doors lately for my kids.

C6Z! My buddy Todd has the exact one your looking for. For being "stock" it's wasted many cars. Took down a Kenne Bell 2.3 Cobra over the summer that made 660. Only thing done to the Z is tune and a set of drag radials

I have thought about getting a C6Z,but every time I drive or even look at that old C5Z in the garage or in a parking lot I ask myself WHY. I am still not bored with my C5Z. I can only imagine what a C5Z head/cam would be like with that supercharger under the hood.

No rattles on mine either. I have battery tenders on everything I own that do not get used much.