any residential hvac experts?

russian rocket

ac condenser, blue wire to C, white wire to Y. Argo relay/transformer, red wire to R, green wire to G. T-stat harness, red and orange wires to R, green and blue wires to G, white wire to W and yellow wire to Y.

i dont know if this will help any, but i spoke to someone who does this stuff earlier and he told me it kind of sounds like a low voltage situation because the ac condenser is kicking on.

Something on your original stat is making the AC come on looking at the wires, there is no way the new stats orange or blue wire is causing this. I dont see how the ARGO could either as it goes from the R and to the G....Thatg seems odd there as both of those points are a 24V Hot source depending on what state things are in.

Explain to me the function of this "ARGO" relay, what controls it, and what is hooked up on it.

there is a red wire going to it from the furnace, if this wire gets hot, its supposed to activate the relay which then is supposed to turn on the furnace blower. it also has a 120v black wire going into it. lastly it has the two wires from the furnace, the red and green wires going into it.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/kliped/2012-11-29_21-09-37_867.jpg

here you go

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/kliped/2012-11-29_21-25-10_559-1.jpg

someone on another forum just posted this

They or you need to install an isolation rellay. The t-stat turns the fan on in cooling, so if you put power on g, from rc it will back feed to y. Energizing cond. Or just shut power off to cond, problem solved.

i was going there....I can tell you how to do that, but you dont have what you need there I am sure. It shouldnt backfeed though...but I have seen more interesting things. You dont usually wire to Tstats to one furnace....so this is definately a different application. Pull the G wire going back to the main stat for now and see if it stops the AC, if so then yes you need to isolate the two circuits.

i was going there....I can tell you how to do that, but you dont have what you need there I am sure. It shouldnt backfeed though...but I have seen more interesting things. You dont usually wire to Tstats to one furnace....so this is definately a different application. Pull the G wire going back to the main stat for now and see if it stops the AC, if so then yes you need to isolate the two circuits.

pulled the green wire from the main stat and the ac condenser did not kick on

YOu can tape it up....and leave it, or pull it from the board at the furnace for now if you dont need to run the cooling or fan from the main stat until you can get them back and install isolating relays. Still not sure why its doing it, but Like I said, Ive seen wierder stuff. If you want you can make it even easier and just pull the white wire off the the Y terminal on the furnace leaving the yellow, that wire wont be energized ever, and everything will function properly with the exception of you killing the control to the AC unit.....Its 25* out....so right now who really cares right.
  • Upvote 1

YOu can tape it up....and leave it, or pull it from the board at the furnace for now if you dont need to run the cooling or fan from the main stat until you can get them back and install isolating relays. Still not sure why its doing it, but Like I said, Ive seen wierder stuff. If you want you can make it even easier and just pull the white wire off the the Y terminal on the furnace leaving the yellow, that wire wont be energized ever, and everything will function properly with the exception of you killing the control to the AC unit.....Its 25* out....so right now who really cares right.

ok, will do, thanks again for you help, i definitely appreciate the time you spent going over things for me.