What's the lowest you've known some one paying for an engagement ring?

Browning

Having ideas, but being a stay home dad doesn't give me much cash although I can save up. She's said a long time ago she wants to pick her own out and even mentioned buying it, but I feel that's not acceptable.

Any other low income guys on here lol

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got married pretty young, and broke, so I spent like 700 bucks on the original, and thought I did well. When I was 26 and making a better income, we upgraded her original ring to the tune of about a grand, reusing the original stone in the new arrangement.

:

Having ideas, but being a stay home dad doesn't give me much cash although I can save up. She's said a long time ago she wants to pick her own out and even mentioned buying it, but I feel that's not acceptable.

Any other low income guys on here lol

Maybe you should have her propose to you.

Problem solved. :)

I found one that could be used for the proposal but it's cheaper than that. It could also be served as another purpose should she want to purchase her own or something for the actual marriage. I just don't want to do it with nothing, or as she once brought up, a ring pop lol.

Ring I found is a real diamond, but it's pretty small and has two birthstones that are my son and I. Probably sounds stupid but I'm trying and if she loves me for who I am it shouldn't matter, right?

Just setup a little savings account and throw $25 or so in there every paycheck. In a year you can have a nice little ring that you won't be ashamed of later.

hell I know of one couple where only the guy had a (shitty) job and they had three kids. All they did was go sign the papers without a ring or anything.

I Probably sounds stupid but I'm trying and if she loves me for who I am it shouldn't matter, right?

Quoted for the fucking truth. Sounds like she does if she is willing to buy her own ring.

I am not aware of your "work" situation. Sounds like you need to try and come up with some creative (and legal) ways of getting some income so you can surprise her.

ring I found says is $350, but it's marked down at the moment. Says the diamond is .25 carat. I just don't want to do it without one. It's a nice ring, but I don't know if it's right for the job. Like I said, even if she wants something else later, which is fine with me.

I have the proposal part already thought up and it's perfect.

Quoted for the fucking truth. Sounds like she does if she is willing to buy her own ring.

I am not aware of your "work" situation. Sounds like you need to try and come up with some creative (and legal) ways of getting some income so you can surprise her.

I've never been the greatest employee and she's stable as fuck even though she doesn't make a lot. When she got pregnant she wanted me to stay home with our son and to be honest it's only thing I have felt I'm great at. I'm a terrific father. I make a little online but it's just what I said, a little.

I've never been the greatest employee and she's stable as fuck even though she doesn't make a lot. When she got pregnant she wanted me to stay home with our son and to be honest it's only thing I have felt I'm great at. I'm a terrific father. I make a little online but it's just what I said, a little.

Just because you have not been the greatest employee in the past does not mean it has to be that way forever. Maybe it is time for a change. Keep being a good father. Step up and make a change for the woman. It sounds like she is worth it.

judging by lack of posts since posting the ring it's a horrible idea?

Not that, it's just 2:effing AM. LOL.

That ring isn't too bad. I was on a tight budget too, my wife found the ring she wanted, and due to knowing someone at the upstanding jeweler we went to we got a helluva deal.

This one isn't too bad for the price

Worst case scenario here's a slew of options. If you don't mind getting sterling silver instead of white gold for now (until you can save up) you could save even more. Obviously these aren't top of the line, but some of them look pretty decent and are affordable.

Best of luck to you.

yea I'm just anxious and scared really lol. I don't even plan to do it right away, just sometime in the near future. chrismas seems corny, but first of the new year rings a bell in my head.The one I posted is sterling silver. It's just for proposal. I am 100% certain she'd like the one I posted than the first one you did.

Thank you