Turbo Ls1 Camaro, On 3 Performance's first F-Body kit

On3Performance

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will need a decent fuel system/injectors... Useally the good thing about turbo kits there's only 3 limiting factors.. First your fuel system, then motor.. Lastly your turbo.. It won't take much boost to hit 600whp and I'm sure this kit will past that easy

I currently have a 225 Walbro pump, 42 lb injectors and a stock fuel rail. I think the injectors I have will be ok? Will I need a new rail? How much HP will the stock fuel rail support?

Gains on the new 5.0 impressive at low boost?

Yes Im more than happy with the car, we are making right at 570rwhp through the auto on a Mustang dyno at 6.xpsi. With the stock converter I couldnt get anything on the short time at the track and it was killing me. Although the car was still trapping just shy of 130 so its for sure a 10 second car the way it sits. I have got the new converter in it now and just trying to find time to travel south somewhere to go make some passes

I currently have a 225 Walbro pump, 42 lb injectors and a stock fuel rail. I think the injectors I have will be ok? Will I need a new rail? How much HP will the stock fuel rail support?

The issue in my opinion isn't really the rail itself but that the system is returnless causing an inconsistant fuel pressure. A 255 walbro really starts getting to its limit around 600rwhp, though some people push it a little further. This issue is compounded when you are talking boost and you run a boost reference fuel pressure regulator not to mention that it takes more fuel to run a boosted car at 600 wheel then it does to run an N/A car at that same level. This why its typical to see dual walbros, a return line, regulator, and aftermarket fuel rails at that level. The rails are really to make the plumbing simpler, because its commonly debated if the rails are needed for power.

I would go with bigger injectors, some meth.. You can use your stock fuel rail to reach 600rwhp... Boost is mad addicting though.. It always sucks being limited to fuel supply..Fpr will be needed and a fuel return.. You can use your stock fuel lines for a return and just run a -8 main feedline... That's what I did for my set up. I have some fittings and about 30ft of -8 stainless line left over after my build.. I can hook you up ;)

I can't wait to put the ac kit on my car and daily drive the wheels off it with 550whp!.!!

Still have the bmr turbo k on andready for the bolt on!

Ill post all dyno sheets and updates! I'm building a forged 6l to take the power level up!

My goals are still 100% street car. 9s in the 1/4. Look stock!

Just got 255/60/16s and stock wheels to keep the stock look!!!

My Trans Am is an M6 and I've heard some people talking about how bad they are to drive with a turbo. I would like to use this kit and be somewhere in the 600 WHP range. I drive the car daily. How feasable would it be to use this kit and be at my power goals while maintaining good street manors? The motor I have is a 402 9.1:1 with ported 243's and a COMP .614/.624 114 LSA 227/243 @ .050, a FAST 90 TB/intake. I do want the A/C kit.

I just do not see why a 6 speed would change the drivability that much. This is my first ls1 car but I do have 4 other turbo mustangs and manual or automatic do not make any difference. I just really dont see why it would be any different and change the street manners that much. My car as it sits just driving it around is no different than stock, you wouldnt even know there was a turbo system on the car.

With your goals, I would go with the 76mm turbo upgrade and reach your goal no problem. Antwon on here with the ls/is300 is running our 76 and right at the power level your looking to be, through an auto and around 12psi if Im not mistaken.

We would be able to squeeze a little more out if you bumped up to the 340 in-tank pump we sell with the kits. Also your 42# injectors could be modded to get a little more out of them without having to completely swap injectors as well. As for 42's, you should have no problem seeing 525~, I have made around that power on 42's.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/DSC06106.jpg

I have talked with a few people about doing one and Im sure its something Ill start on in the near future. I really just want to get the 4 turbo systems shipping out the door I've been working on producing for the last year and a half. Its for sure an application I will cover, it will just come down to getting a car to design around. Its time consuming and not many people want to part with their cars for very long. It will all just come down to someone loaning a car for the design stage.

I can build a production kit for less than $4000 on the c6 platform. The 2011 5.0 Mustang twin setup is being released this month, its fairly complex and will hit the market at $3,739. Thats standard with the On 3 ceramic ball bearing 60's as well

So, you are saying I should buy a c6 now... leave it with you while I am deployed... then come home to a turbo'd c6 vette? :p

Still can't wait. Come on chad I want christmas early this yr!!!!!

I bit off a little too much a year ago taking on 4 turbo system designs / productions at one time. Its taken a toll on me but I can finally see the light. Honestly the ship date on the setups will be between Christmas and New Years as of right now. I wanted to have them shipping earlier but everything has to be right and just took longer than expected.

Depending on how these first ls systems take off, I have some ideas already for a pretty trick twin setup for these cars too

So, you are saying I should buy a c6 now... leave it with you while I am deployed... then come home to a turbo'd c6 vette? :p

That would be the scenario, soonest I think I would start a design for these cars would be Feb/March maybe. Thats all dependent on getting a car in here though but if you pick a car up and have the time, keep me in mind

That would be the scenario, soonest I think I would start a design for these cars would be Feb/March maybe. Thats all dependent on getting a car in here though but if you pick a car up and have the time, keep me in mind

Well I have a c6 already and would be willing to let you use it for as long as you need, and would be willing to give you a hand where every you may need it. I am a welder and could help you with any fabrication you may need.

Well I have a c6 already and would be willing to let you use it for as long as you need, and would be willing to give you a hand where every you may need it. I am a welder and could help you with any fabrication you may need.

There you go! There's big cash in the c6 market! There's only 4 TT kits for the c6... Aps 11k+, ttx 13k+, sts,8,900$+, and upp 5,800$+... As far as I know the fastest stock ls2 c6 in the 1/4 is running the upp... Looking at my upp kit you'll kno damn well it's not worth asking price.. He charges that because he can due to the competition and the guy is selling these kits like crazy. Another thing... Sheet metal intake manifolds for the ls platforms, headers for the c6.. Fuel system for the c6... I have a lot of this stuff designed and mapped out just don't have the fab materials/tools to make it happen.

Id bet I could fit 2 67s under the car! Keep ac and ps and stock k. Or 2 smaller turbos.

Its possible, we set the turbos up there when doing the mock up. The turbo kmember just gives you so much more room to work and makes things install more cleanly. Depending on how the first release of the single setup goes, a twin setup will be high on the list of priority

Well we need to talk a little more I think. I have personally never owned a c6 or been under one enough to know the room we are working with. Im going to do a little research and see what it will take and then make sure everything that we will need I will have access to. If thats the case, we could mock a setup on your car in a week. Throw it all back together, I can do my thing to get jigs setup, etc. Very interested if you are, shoot me a pm or email on3performance@aol.com

Its possible, we set the turbos up there when doing the mock up. The turbo kmember just gives you so much more room to work and makes things install more cleanly. Depending on how the first release of the single setup goes, a twin setup will be high on the list of priority

Great! thats just what I need, another option. I already can't decide. :lolguy: