Avalanche evap issues?

351mach11647545510

A vent solenoid that is stuck closed will cause issues like that with the fuel filling, and it doesn't make sense that it would say tighten gas cap unless it's just kicking some generic code as opposed to a specific code. Either way it sounds like the gas tank isn't venting.

I had the same issues on my 2007 Silverado. Likely it's what Cordell said. We dropped the tank, replaced vent solenoid, that did the trick.

Aren't very many vehicle that you would have to drop the tank on to get the vent solenoid. GM trucks you do not.

Aren't very many vehicle that you would have to drop the tank on to get the vent solenoid. GM trucks you do not.

Well we were idiots and dropped it thinking something within the pump assembly or float was ruined causing these issues since my gas gauge was bouncing all over, but after consulting good we found out the true cause, didnt fix the gauge, but you are correct about not having to drop it, should have mentioned that.